Cozumel Goers Beware (Aboard Enchantment 2/23/06)

My sister had her drink spiked with Rohypnol while at a popular dance club.

She too became violently ill in a matter of minutes.

She recalled having her first beer. She set it down on a table to go dance, and then came back for it. She thinks that's when it got spiked.

Now she watches bartenders carefully when she orders a drink, and never, ever sets it down until she's finished with it. A lesson I follow as well.

i think the doctor knew what was going on, he didn't perform a drug test on her but i'm pretty sure he knew it wasn't due to alcohol like he told me...every doctor i've talked to since has told me that that prognosis couldn't be more wrong, in regards to all her symtoms. As far as hard to detect, i was saying that there are drugs out there especially on tropical islands that are very hard to detect in the system. But along the lines of this drug, it wouldn't be possible to detect it in her system once we got home, being over three days later...she works at a hospital and more than one person has come to the conclusion that something was put in her drink. If we try to disregard it and say "stuff like this just doesn't happen on cozumel at a public beach" i think it's only bound to happen again...i'm not bashing cozumel or even the beach (it was a really nice beach) i'm just saying that she's been given more than one "second opinion" and they've all come to the same conclusion...

I was not trying to say your mom "faked" it or this did not happen. I just was wondering why in the world the doctor would lie or with hold information from you or your mother. That is the part that would worry me the most, either the doctor was not competent, or just flat out lied. What if it had been something even more serious?

Again I'm glad your mother is doing better, she should be proud of your & your brother... I am.:)

thank you everyone, i just want to tell everyone there is no doupt in my mind that something was in her drink...whether it was intended for her or not, whether it was put in there to steal something or for just plain cruel amusement i cannot speculate. However between my brother and I...I especially...that guy is lucky we don't know who he is.

happy & safe cruising everyone

just to let you know how little this has affected my opinion of cozumel...i'm planning a cruise there with some friends maybe later this fall :)

the doctor was paid by royal caribbean to help my mother get better. but looking back i think that the prognosis that "too much alcohol in her drink" seems alittle fishy, never once did she throw up, never once did she get a headache, and she did not act "drunk" at any time. I'm not one for big conspiracies, but i'm sure royal caribbean doesn't want vacationers knowing that someone will drug people on cozumel. I know this is a long shot, i liked the doctor, he did exactly what he was supposed to (make my mom better) and this wouldn't stop me from definitly going Royal caribbean again (liked it better than my carnival cruise)

who knows, i think now we're definitly into speculation now. But with everything taken into account (please read entire message boards regarding my mom had no health conditions that could have caused this) not to mention her getting many "second opinions" from doctors since she works at a hospital... i think i can say with over 90% certanity that there was something in her drink. I've done my research since

Archived