Photos - Pre-purchase or purchase at end of cruise?

Hi everyone!

My kids and I will be sailing in August. The photos taken on the ship are important to me. We will have a lot of them taken, and my social anxiety prevents me from asking random people on the ship to take our photo. I am in so very few photos with my kids, that this is a rare opportunity for us to be in photos together. So, again, we WILL be purchasing the ship photos. 

With that said, am I better off purchasing a package in advance? Or do they typically do "flash sales" on the last day(s) of the cruise? If so, are those sales typically any good?

Any insight you can offer would be much appreciated! Thanks!

They do offer specials onboard, but in my experience they are seldom as good as a decent sale ahead of time. Come to think of it ... I don't think I've ever seen anything that would compare. 

Unfortunately, prices for photo packages for my upcoming cruises are a LOT higher than I've paid in the past, but that's probably true across the board. 🙁 If you see a sale of 30-35% off, that's probably the best you will get so I would pull the trigger. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

They do offer specials onboard, but in my experience they are seldom as good as a decent sale ahead of time. Come to think of it ... I don't think I've ever seen anything that would compare. 

Unfortunately, prices for photo packages for my upcoming cruises are a LOT higher than I've paid in the past, but that's probably true across the board. 🙁 If you see a sale of 30-35% off, that's probably the best you will get so I would pull the trigger. 

Thanks for your input! The photos are definitely more expensive than I remember them being in the past. And in the past, I was able to purchase all photos...not just "Up to xxx" photos. But I'm a nut about having pictures, so I think I'll probably bite the bullet and buy them now during this "sale" they're having. 🙂 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PSU_Redhead said:

And in the past, I was able to purchase all photos...not just "Up to xxx" photos. 

Yeah, that's a relatively recent development. 🙁 I'm like you, photos are a high priority (we have a digital photo frame that we use exclusively for cruise photos) so it's worth it for us, but I definitely liked it better when we didn't have to whittle them down. 

• Like 1