New to cruising

squeezle

My husband and I (in our early 30’s) will be taking our first cruise this summer. We chose Celebrity for several reasons: (1) the food - we are foodies, (2) the calm atmosphere, and (3) the service. We are well educated, well informed, and, dare I say, fun to be around. After reading these boards, however, I am a bit apprehensive about how we will be received by our fellow passengers because we are both heavily tattooed (our tattoos are colorful, tasteful works of art IMHO). Sidelong looks and stares of shock and appall are not unfamiliar, but this is our vacation and we don’t want to feel that we have to completely cover ourselves in order to avoid scrutiny. We can adapt and be comfortable to any situation, and, if we spent the entire cruise in “business casual” attire, many of our fellow passengers would never know about the art that lurks beneath our clothes. But we want to be comfortable during the day while enjoying the onboard facilities and participating in activities.

I guess my question is this: to what extent do we have to worry about being a spectacle :eek: on board?

Archived