Western Carib.- Tenders?

snowkid8

I'm going on the CB-Western itinerary and I was wondering if there are tenders for all ports or if we actually dock in any of them. I am planning private shore excursions and was trying to figure out how long it will take me to get onto the pier in each port. Thanks for you help.

I'm going on the CB-Western itinerary and I was wondering if there are tenders for all ports or if we actually dock in any of them. I am planning private shore excursions and was trying to figure out how long it will take me to get onto the pier in each port. Thanks for you help.
Which ports are you going to?

One thing to keep in mind is that Princess shore excursions have priority on the tenders. Plan on at least 1 1/2 - 2 hours onshore after the ship anchors so that you don't stress about making your private excursion. Also, plan on being at the tender to go back to the ship absolutely no later than an hour before sailing time. They need almost that amount of time to break down the tender area on the dock, get the last people on the ship, get the tenders on the ship and breakdown the tender staging area.

We were on the Star in January and actually were prepared for long waits. When we got to Grand Cayman, since our tour had been cancelled, we decided to take our time and have lunch first. We were no sooner seated in the dining room when they called for open tendering with no tickets needed. Went pretty quickly.

In Cozumel, we had an excursion so we went to the Princess theater and waited for our group. My DB and SIL said they got off the ship at 9 with no problems.

People that have to be the first off the ship are going to be disappointed. People who are patient will be pleasantly surprised at how easy the process can be.

Just my thoughts,

Judy

Archived