Celebrity Cruise for Spring Break?

turquoiselake

Hi all,

My 12 year old son and I will be sailing on the Reflection in March 2023 to the Caribbean, unfortunately my husband can't join us this time. My son has some sensory issues and hates loud super crowded places (he can function, just uncomfortable) and I was drawn to Celebrity because it seems more relaxed and less noisy than the NCL cruise we were also considering on the Joy--I saw some videos of the Joy pool deck which was extremely crowded. The Retreat was much less expensive than the Haven for our cruise dates as well. 

Does anyone have experience with the kids club on the Reflection for older kiddos? He'd be happy with a book, shirley temple, and his Nintendo Switch but I'd love for there to at least be a few kids his age. On our land based Turks and Caicos trip last year he was content to lounge around and play card games with me. Fully understand Celebrity doesn't cater specifically to kids or families which is actually great for us! 🙂 Thanks. 

We had a few kids on our spring break cruise this past March, but not many.  Mine was too old for the kids club (16) and had a friend on board, so they just hung out together and mostly played a lot of trivia.  I think they had a FIFA tournament one day and 3 kids showed up.  I will stipulate that we were early March and the cruise was still pretty empty overall.  I think we were around 30-35% capacity.