Question: Jolly Roger (Barbados) VS. Jolly Pirates (Aruba)

IMCruisin04

Hi! I'll be sailing the Carnival Destiny the week of May 30th, and I'm having a hard time deciding what to do in each port (St. Thomas, Dominica, Barbados and Aruba). My husband and I would like to do the Jolly Pirate in Arbua(booked online) or the Jolly Roger in Barbados (booked thru Carnival) but can't decide which to go with. Has anyone been on both? I would love to hear any comparisons between the two.

Here is a little background info: We're at each island approximately 10 hours (8/9 AM-10 PM). We're only doing ONE excursion between these two islands. In other words, if we're not on a pirate ship, we'll be shopping and hanging out at the beach. Any insight will be appreciated!

We did the Jolly Roger in Barbados, which still leaves time for the Boatyard, which you can stay on the bus and they will take you there. There are so many other things to do in Aruba, this worked out well for us.

To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive.

Robert Louis Stevenson

sallyb: Thanks for your reply! Good advice--after reading some of other posts, it looks like it may be a good idea to have something "formal" planned/booked in Barbados, instead of navigating the island ourselves! Thanks again.

Archived