Heraklion for a day

Over from NZ

Hello. The homework I've done so-far; I think we want to go to Knossis palace, walk the old town and the venetian walls, visit Koules Fortress, Lion Square, Heraklion Food Market and visit the old port square. Am I right in thinking Knossis isn't that far out.. and the rest are all within walking distance of each other? We could catch a HOHO Bus to Knossis say in the morning and then spend the whole day walking round doing the other places? We're in port from 9am to 6pm. Any thoughts much appreciated. Thank you! 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

We are in the same dilemma! Visiting Heraklion on 4/29/23 as part of a 14 day Med cruise on Enchanted Princess. I have booked tours with “tours by locals” for almost all of our ports but the ones in Heraklion seemed super expensive. Especially if you just want a guided tour of Knossos Palaces for maybe 90 minutes then some time to wander the old town streets of Heraklion and have a nice Greek lunch somewhere. Will be curious to see if you get any responses on this one…there isn’t much info on touring Heraklion that I can find 😞 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1