Anyone Use Celebrity to Book Their Air Ticket

redheadskier

:rolleyes: When I got my package from Celebrity for the airline tickets (or non ticket as it really is) I just got the ticket number. As I book airfare all the time online and am quick familiar with e-tickets I figured no problem, I would just go to USAir (which is the airline) and retrieve my reservation and go from there - I was esp. concerned about seating assignments (and this is a sold out flight now)

Anyway - without a CONFIRMATION NUMBER I can not get into the system to print out a boarding pass. :(

How do I print the boarding pass ???:eek: - do I have to wait to try a kiosok (?) at the airport - in Providence you have to go there to get your ticket then and only then does an agent show up. It means no curbside (not that that is such a bargain - only thing they do is tag it and bring it to security) :cool: but sometime it is quicker

Long story short - except for the advantage that Celebrity is responsible to coordinate my flight and transfer to get to the boat, if I had booked the flight myself (just about the same exact cost) I would have gotten airline miles (I love miles) and a pick of seat assignments. And unfortunately, they have me on a later flight than I had planned on taking - getting me into FLL around 1:45, so I am guessing we won't get to the ship much before 4 pm - a lost day on the boat (bright side - just about everyone will have checked in :rolleyes: )

No matter - in less than a week we will be on Zenith - just hoping the next big snowstorm to hit here March 7 after we leave!!!

Call USAir at their 800 reservation number. Explain that your flight was booked through Celebrity and that you don't have the confirmation # to check your flight online. With your name and ticket number, they should be able to give you the confirmation #, or at the very least, email you the information you need.

Hope this helps.

Don B.

You can download and print your boarding passes 24 hours prior to your flight by just inputting your name and the flight number.

You can also select your seats as noted about via USAirways by phone. They will want the itinerary code.

We had Celebrity book our flight for 12/31 from Phila. to San Juan for the 7-day Southern Caribbean Cruise 2 months ago. Only $ 207 per person, ROUND TRIP !!!! E-tickets. Got confirmation number from U S Air, and chose seats 30 days before flight. They booked us on 9:30 a.m. flight, which was great timing. Got to San Juan at 2:30 p.m. SJ time. Celebrity had bus transfer. We got to ship, Constellation, at 4 p.m., and boarded immediately. No lines at Concierge Class or Captains Club. Even though sailing wasn't until 9:30 p.m. NEW YEARS' EVE, we got an extra "FREE" full course gourmet dinner. (and fantastic party with 2,500 guests and 1,000 crew). WHAT AN EXPERIENCE !!!

By the way, we gave Celebrity our Frequent Flyer account numbers, and received mileage credit appropriately. And when we got to the airport, we had been upgraded, FREE, to business class, FRONT ROW. What a great surprise. (Not the Celebrity had anything to do with that, or did they ???) (No such luck on our return flight.)

On the other hand, August, 2004, wew went on Celebrity Constellation Cruise to the Baltic Capitals and St. Petersburg. While trying to book our own flight fon NW using frequent flyer miles (lots of luck), a special deal came up --- $ 400 round trip per person. I grabbed it, and didn't bother checking Celebrity's rate.

Try each method, and see which is better for you. Also, sometimes you are better off if your travel time is flexible, and some people like an extra day before, and maybe after, the cruise in foreign countries.

Hope this helps you.

We looking forward

We had Celebrity book our flight for 12/31 from Phila. to San Juan for the 7-day Southern Caribbean Cruise 2 months ago. Only $ 207 per person, ROUND TRIP !!!! E-tickets. Got confirmation number from U S Air, and chose seats 30 days before flight. They booked us on 9:30 a.m. flight, which was great timing. Got to San Juan at 2:30 p.m. SJ time. Celebrity had bus transfer. We got to ship, Constellation, at 4 p.m., and boarded immediately. No lines at Concierge Class or Captains Club. Even though sailing wasn't until 9:30 p.m. NEW YEARS' EVE, we got an extra "FREE" full course gourmet dinner. (and fantastic party with 2,500 guests and 1,000 crew). WHAT AN EXPERIENCE !!!

By the way, we gave Celebrity our Frequent Flyer account numbers, and received mileage credit appropriately. And when we got to the airport, we had been upgraded, FREE, to business class, FRONT ROW. What a great surprise. (Not the Celebrity had anything to do with that, or did they ???) (No such luck on our return flight.)

On the other hand, August, 2004, wew went on Celebrity Constellation Cruise to the Baltic Capitals and St. Petersburg. While trying to book our own flight fon NW using frequent flyer miles (lots of luck), a special deal came up --- $ 400 round trip per person. I grabbed it, and didn't bother checking Celebrity's rate.

Try each method, and see which is better for you. Also, sometimes you are better off if your travel time is flexible, and some people like an extra day before, and maybe after, the cruise in foreign countries.

Hope this helps you.

We looking forward

You received FF miles because the only seats Celebrity could secure for you were in business class. The fare codes the cruiselines use for coach are not upgradeable, nor do they earn FF miles.

Air/Sea lost money on your air.

You received FF miles because the only seats Celebrity could secure for you were in business class. The fare codes the cruiselines use for coach are not upgradeable, nor do they earn FF miles.

Air/Sea lost money on your air.

My upcoming cruise is my first on Celebrity but on my previous cruises (Carnival and Holland America) I had no problem getting my FF miles added. I gave my TA my FF number when I booked the cruise.

Thanks for everyon'e suggestions how to get more information on my flight that Celebrity booked. Now I wished I didn't know.........

FORTUNATELY, my husband and I are on the same flight - that is the best I can say

UNFORTUNATELY we each have middle seats not near each other. I tried using my elite status with USAIR to rectify the problem and had no success! :( Plus it took 4 phone calls and over 1-1/2 hours to even find out that we had seats (we didn't by the way........only by going over several people's heads was I even able to secure a seat - USAIR said it was because we did not book thru them and that this is a problem when Cruise Lines book)

These arrangements were made over 6 weeks ago - there is no excuse for us not to be sitting together. :mad: I only booked through Celebrity as it was only slightly more money and I figured in the convenience (and the factor that the ship probably wouldn't sail without us if they handled it!!!!) WRONG MOVE!!!!! I won't even go into what my husband said/did when I told him (wrong move on my part but better than him having a fit at the airport!):eek:

If I could cancel and not lose money right now it would be worth it to me to spend the extra money to be able to book the flight myself right now - we leave in 3 days and it is Spring Break so that is probably not an option

NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most airlines will try to accommodate changes of seats at the counter or on the plain. Usually one or more passengers will change seats so spouses/family members can sit together.

Maybe it depends upon the airline, but I received Delta Skymiles for a Northwest flight Atlanta to Minneapolis and on to Anchorage, and a non-stop Delta flight Vancouver to Atlanta. And that accrued LOTs of miles! And there was a special rate of $300 round trip as opposed to the usual $700 pp rate.

When you book your own air regardless of whether you are Y, E, N, etc. category you get frequent flyer miles, so I don't understand why there'd be a restriction on a cruise line rate for the freq flyer miles.

If you book air thru a travel agency and give them the freq flyer # you get the miles, so why not with a cruise agency as well?

Maybe it depends upon the airline, but I received Delta Skymiles for a Northwest flight Atlanta to Minneapolis and on to Anchorage, and a non-stop Delta flight Vancouver to Atlanta. And that accrued LOTs of miles! And there was a special rate of $300 round trip as opposed to the usual $700 pp rate.

When you book your own air regardless of whether you are Y, E, N, etc. category you get frequent flyer miles, so I don't understand why there'd be a restriction on a cruise line rate for the freq flyer miles.

If you book air thru a travel agency and give them the freq flyer # you get the miles, so why not with a cruise agency as well?

It depends which fare code is used on your booking. Normally bulk air is coded T or W. You cannot earn FF under those rate codes.

UNFORTUNATELY we each have middle seats not near each other. I tried using my elite status with USAIR to rectify the problem and had no success! :( Plus it took 4 phone calls and over 1-1/2 hours to even find out that we had seats

Hi. No promises but I'm elite on 6 airlines (yes, I should stay home more) but what I've learned is if the first airline agent doesn't give me satisfaction on seats, upgrades or whatever, I hang up and immediately call back and talk to another agent. While some "play by the book", others actually recognize the value of helping customers (especially if it's something that doesn't cost the company money like seat assignments). Also ask about the bulk head and emergency exit rows. Many times these are held back for families with small children or elderly people (bulk head seats) or they hold back the seats until the passenger is physically seen (emergency row seats). Sometimes telling the person you're in good physical health and are willing to help in an emergency will get you the emergency exit seats (a supervisor is normally needed to open up the seats). Also talking to a supervisor is a good alternative but remember that in speaking with a supervisor you've gone over the head of the person on the phone and no one really likes that. :) Finally, as someone mentioned, getting your seat assignments at check-in or sometimes just asking someone to switch with you are always options (If you want to switch with someone remember you have 2 rows to work with (aisle/window in your husband's row and the same for you). Also, saying things like, "I really get nervous when I fly (or my husband does)" will incur a bit more sympathy towards getting seats together.:) Anyway, good luck!

Randall

Archived