Halifax, Anniversary Dinner?

LindaD22

We will be in Halifax until 8:00 pm on our anniversary date. I would love to surprise my husband with a dinner in town. I’m looking for someplace that’s nice but still casual, since we have an excursion until 4:00 pm and I don’t want to go back onboard to change for someplace dressy. If it’s walkable to the port, extra points!! Thank you very much for your help!

22 hours ago, LindaD22 said:

We will be in Halifax until 8:00 pm on our anniversary date. I would love to surprise my husband with a dinner in town. I’m looking for someplace that’s nice but still casual, since we have an excursion until 4:00 pm and I don’t want to go back onboard to change for someplace dressy. If it’s walkable to the port, extra points!! Thank you very much for your help!

My favourite restaurant in Halifax is The Bicycle Thief.  You will likely need a reservation.  It is an Italian restaurant.  They are on the waterfront  not far from the port.  It can be quite loud with everyone in the restaurant though.  

I also really like aFrite, also near the waterfront. The owner was on MasterChef Canada twice.  This would be a quieter restaurant and definitely laid back enough to go casual. 
The Mercantile Social is another favourite.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 1kaper said:

My favourite restaurant in Halifax is The Bicycle Thief.  You will likely need a reservation.  It is an Italian restaurant.  They are on the waterfront  not far from the port.  It can be quite loud with everyone in the restaurant though.  

I also really like aFrite, also near the waterfront. The owner was on MasterChef Canada twice.  This would be a quieter restaurant and definitely laid back enough to go casual. 
The Mercantile Social is another favourite.  

Awesome, I will check those out! We both love Italian so I’m going to check out The Bicycle Thief, thanks for the heads up on reservations. I love that it’s walkable to the port, too. I appreciate your help!