SS United States - Wine Room?

travel4u

I read somewhere that you can request to dine in the wine room at this specialty restaurant. Has anyone done this? If so, I would love to hear what this experience is like and what makes it so special. Is this a separate room attached to the SS United States? Do you have to make a special request to the Maitre D' ?

The wine room is beautiful.

We dined in there with a group of 8. The room was really to small with that number. We found it was quite warm there and asked the maitre d if that was because there was 8 of us. But he said no and that the temp was different due to the fact that red wine was stored in the room.

I didn't make the arrangements. But I would speak to the maitre d well in advance.

We dined in there with a group of 8. The room was really to small with that number. We found it was quite warm there and asked the maitre d if that was because there was 8 of us. But he said no and that the temp was different due to the fact that red wine was stored in the room.

I didn't make the arrangements. But I would speak to the maitre d well in advance.

Shows you what he knows, all wine should be stored at 55.

We dined in there with a group of 8. The room was really to small with that number. We found it was quite warm there and asked the maitre d if that was because there was 8 of us. But he said no and that the temp was different due to the fact that red wine was stored in the room]

>>>

We were told the same thing about the wine room in the Olympic, but it made no sense then and even less now because wine, both red and white, should be stored at about 55 degrees Fahrenheit (13 Celsius). Most but not all red wines are best served at a fairly cool room temperature of 70 F or slightly lower.

Hey Mike: How was your cruise.

Great cruise! Good tablemates, a couple of relaxing boat trip excursions on the islands, and two excellent dinners in the SS United States. Too bad we didn't get to meet you & the other folks from the thread.

How was yours?

Archived