Belize cave tubing.

unclebuck2379

First you have to lug your cooler and cooler tube for 45 minutes through the jungle.....Are you from the Apple River area?

Seriously, I do not believe that beverages were allowed, although I could be mistaken. You could email Yhony and ask, however....

We just did the Cave Tubing last week and had a great time with Yhonny and his staff. The answer to your question is 'no' there really isn't any way to take beverages along. In fact, as we were hiking to the starting point, someone had dropped something and the tour guides even made a comment that people shouldn't be carrying extra items with them. The hike is about 30-40 minutes through a stream, over uneven surfaces, and through a low cave. The walkway is well maintained with a clear path. After you are finished there are several small buildings. Not sure if they offered beverages. There was a changing room and some locals selling souveniers. If you are going with Yhonny they do bring bottled water for you for the bus ride. The 'float' is very structured and organized for safety reasons. Everyone, regardless of tour group is with a guide. Your group will be linked together like a chain, with your ankles tucked under the arms of the person ahead of you. Sounds foolish, but the caves are pitch black and the first one is pure darkness for about 1/2 hour, lit only with your headlamp. It would be easy to have the current bang you into a wall or around a corner. You will love the trip. It is a great time. The scenery is beautiful.

UncleBuck2379

It has been 2 years since our cave tubing with Carnival. If I remember correctly, we were asked not to bring food or drinks on the river. This is a government park and they had specific rules. Don't quote me- I have been wrong in the past. You have to carry your tube down the path for about 20-30 minutes before entering the water. Anyway, don't worry about that cold ones. Take in the scenery and excitement of actually tubing within a cave system. I didn't notice if you are a Texan, but this is as not a long float like the Guadalupe on Memorial Day where we need our liquid refreshment. There is a small T-shirt and snack stand back at the parking lot area. We two couples had Belikin beer and some sort of caramel? or brown sugar? desert that was delicious. We even brought extra beers on the bus. I also wish we would have bought our sons T-shirt and braided wristbands (sold by native people) there as I did not find better or less expensive ones at the terminal

stores. Have fun on your trip as I am lookig forward to visiting Belize in the future.

Teepee

Archived