Queen Victoria Maiden Voyage Sold Out Already?

Bollinge

I called Cunard UK about something else today and whilst I was waiting to be answered, the robot said "The maiden voyage of Queen Victoria is a sell-out. Wait lists only."

I wondered why hundreds of presumably sane people had fought to book a voyage in winter on the North Sea to Scandinavia at maximum prices on board a bog-standard Carnival money machine.

Am I too cynical?

Who knows?

We've decided against it - the ports aren't very interesting and the North Sea in December doesn't inspire.

Add in to that the fact that the ship will not be operating properly in terms of service and it seems an odd way to spend many thousands of pounds!

I will bet my last dollar they were all expecting a transatlantic crossing as the maiden, NOT a Christmas market cruise through the churning North Sea.

Don't worry.. cabins will be come available. unless Cunard wants to invite guinea pigs to sail for free to break the new girl in.

Such a pretty ship. I'd hate to see her get smacked around during her first revenue sailing.

I called Cunard UK about something else today and whilst I was waiting to be answered, the robot said "The maiden voyage of Queen Victoria is a sell-out. Wait lists only."

I wondered why hundreds of presumably sane people had fought to book a voyage in winter on the North Sea to Scandinavia at maximum prices on board a bog-standard Carnival money machine.

Am I too cynical?

inital deposits were take 2years ago when they were planning the 1st qv that trip was going to nyc !!! when that ship was given up i took my $ 500 deposit back but many people kept thier deposit willing to wait and see!!!! and now here we are!!!!

Even if hundreds of thousands of people might not like the idea of a cruise to Scandinavia in winter, there just need to be about 2000 who do like it.

Several people will enjoy just being on the maiden voyage of a Cunard ship with all the connected excitement.

If you think the ports are not interesting or the temperatures too low or christmas markets boring, is a personal question. (Maybe also, grossly generalised, a American vs. European one?)

I know several people in Germany who wanted too book this cruise now, after the date and itinerary had been annouced, but did not get a cabin. They liked the idea of a relatively short festive cruise fitting the pre-christmas time.

I spoke to Cunard (UK) today. The Queen Victoria is sold out, and they are holding wait lists.

However those who have got cabins have yet to receive their confirmation of which cabin they are in, and accordingly there will inevitably be a number of cancellations when people don't get the cabin they want.

We have, for example, got a reservation on the December 11th trip, although we are having second thoughts about the wisdom of going on the North Sea in December! So there might well be at least one cabin coming back on sale!

Archived