Cabin assignment

nycruiser1975

DH and I booked an N Guarantee. When will we get our assignment and what are the possibilites? In other words, where can we end up as far as cabin assignments. We booked on 2/24. Please help, I am still learning. As you can see, I am having trouble with clock I don't care for it too much:(

Okay I will try to help. Log into the NCL site. Then preregister. When you do this your cabin number comes up. It always has for me. I have read the a TBA will come up if it's not assigned yet. Most of the time with NCL it comes up within a week of booking.

hope that helps some.

Yes, I have pre-registered already, and have gone back numerous time. But it stills says GTY. I am assuming that they have not done anything yet. Do they wait until it is paid in full? Thank you very much for your help.:)

They may wait until days before you cruise. Sometimes it is assigned days after you book sometimes you find out at the pier.

I really wanted to take my first vacation in 11 years, and first cruise ever, but the only way to afford was to take a GTY cabin. But I am afraid of getting sea sick, and could end up anywhere on the ship. I am buying bonine, but want to have a few drinks and plan on buying sea bands and ginger. Did I screw up:confused:

Now I'm not a "super cruiser", but went on my first cruise 12 years ago on NCL Windward to AK. Didn't know anything about cruising and had a wonderful, not seasick at all, time! We are getting ready to go a second cruise (NCL Spirit) and I have found these boards. While they are extremely helpful, don't read too much into everything....sometimes ignorance is BLISS!

Just be prepared with the meds in case, but just plan on having an awesome time. We did! (but now, I do find myself getting caught up in all the "board issues"!;)

I really wanted to take my first vacation in 11 years, and first cruise ever, but the only way to afford was to take a GTY cabin. But I am afraid of getting sea sick, and could end up anywhere on the ship. I am buying bonine, but want to have a few drinks and plan on buying sea bands and ginger. Did I screw up:confused:

I might help here some. I was so worried about getting sea sick on my first cruise. I waited years to book my first cruise due to this and only did cause I got a 3 day cruise as a bonus for buying our timeshare.

Now I get sick if I'm a passenger and not driving the car, all my friends tell me I'm the only person they know that got sick at Disney in the circlevision movies. I was just standing there. I also get sick watching home videos and some movies. Just a little background to show how easily I get sick.

I never got sea sick on a ship. I always take bonnie and only take it if the captain tells us it will get a little rough. I do as I read here start taking ginger tablets a week or so before the cruise. This has worked for me. Even when others have been sick on the ship, I've been okay.

Now watch out for the excursions! I did parasailing and never thought to take bonnie, I was off the ship. The little boat they take you out in was a little too much for me. Ididn't get sick on the boat but I didn't feel well for hours after that. Now if I'm taking an excursion on water at a port I take a bonnie in the morning.

Hope this helped some. don't worry about the ship, worry about the little boats even the tenders. LOL

Archived