tips on land tour

pttmsw1

We did CruiseTour #13 last year with RoyalCelebrity. I'm sorry that I can't remember the exact guidelines, but I will try to find the numbers. I will say this though: The amounts per day are pretty low and we were so satisfied with everything, we gave way over the amount suggested. I'm pretty sure the amount was $3.50 per day/per person for example for the Tour Guide. I will see if I can get the exact numbers for each one.

I will also say this: There's a recommeded amount for the young people who give the commentary on the trains, which is as I remember approx. $1pp. I really felt bad for them because so few people remembered as they were exiting the train. All these young people come to Alaska each year to make money and tips are a big part of their earnings.

Oh yes, one more thing...don't forget to tip the people who serve you meals on the train! I say this part because last year our 26 year old daughter came with us and she had the time of her life, falling in love with Alaska. On Monday she received the call: She's just been hired by Princess to be a server on their domed train cars! She is so excited. She's in school to become a nurse and trust me, she's looking forward to making enough money to for school this next year!

Enjoy your tour!

Archived