How much luggage is allowed on cruisetour?

lovesandiego

I remember years ago when I took a tour that you were only allowed to take one suitcase. I"m taking a cruistour to Canada/New England this Fall and was wondering if there is still that restriction. I just can't imagine packing for a 5 day cold weather tour and a 10 day cruise all in one suitcase!!!

Does anyone know if this is still the case, or have any suggestions? Thanks, Vicki

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, San Diego - Stockton (CA) here. I'm going to wing this because we asked the same question, but for a land tour in China. We were told one suitcase is the limit. However, if you are based in a hotel, the rest of your luggage is stored there in lock up. We are not happy, but this is non -negotiable. Hope that helps a little.

I'm originally from Vermont - what time this fall? If you hit late September - early October just right, it can be pretty warm. Then and again, we were there on the 5th of October a few year ago and it was snowing. The next day, it was in the 70's. If you bring some light thermal underwear and a couple of warm sweaters (gloves and a hat), you should be in pretty good shape either on or off the ship.

Happy sails,

Charlie

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Spikesgirl -- the tour part of the cruise starts in Toronto October 3 for 5 days and then we board the ship in Quebec. When I didn't get a response on this board I asked it again on the Princess board and they seemed to think that there was not a limit on a Cruise/tour. Whatever the airlines allowed was ok. Hope this is right because that's what I'm planning. It doesn't make sense that they would limit you for a Cruise/tour because the type of clothing needed will be quite different for each of them. Thanks for responding, Vicki

Not to worry. It may be different in Canada/US than it is in China. We were told that there was no wiggle room for us in the amount of luggage. I hope you have a fabuolous time in New England and enjoy what we call 'The Old Country' around the house. It really can be beautiful.

Happy Sails!

Charlie

Archived