Chukka Good Hope Explorer Options

scubaslayer

So it looks like my family is leaning toward one of the tours at Good Hope that included the river tubing and zipline. There are 2 different package, the Ultimate and Eco that have both. The Eco tour is cheaper and is missing the bamboo rafting, which no one minds missing, but also does not include lunch. Has anyone done either of these tours and have any insight? The teens would also like to play in the waterfalls, pool, and water slide but not sure on how much time we will have to just relax. If lunch isn't included, what are food prices like?

• 5 months later...

So we had $50 in last minute onboard credit on a Radiance of the Seas cruise from the travel agent.  There is a lot of negative energy around Jamaica so we decided to buy one of the cheapest ship excursions on sale for like $40 PP up to Falmouth / Good Hope Plantation to try it out. 

The port is lovely - it feels like Downtown Disney.  It's pretty, tidy and gated.  Shops, music, dining, no walk up street merchants.    Disney was in port with us actually.  I think credit for the development goes to RCI.  So you can hop off the ship and go there. 

Chukka is I think a tour operator.  Again well organized.  A big bus takes you five miles ish up a poorly maintained road to the plantation.  It was converted to a bit of a water park.   It is in the jungle and has a cute river winding though it.  The reception center has a big pool, some historical exhibits and shops.  There is a bar and dining room.  The bar sold like baked /fried pockets like Roti.   The buffet food is included in some tours?  We did not buy the add ons- which included I think ziplining and river rafting.    The bus took you up (9 ish) and then returned every hour- the basic pass did not seem timed.    We walked on the paths and saw bamboo - very cool and some older historical buildings.  The port and park felt very secure. 

We got back and spotted a cute historic church and walked there.  There was a little flea market in the parking lot.  We dropped some money in the collection box.  

All in all a nice day.  I am going to write to the Ministry of Tourism- good job overall - a few pickup loads of Class Five would sort out the road, which is hard on the bus springs.    And bring bug spray. 

20221205_110410-02.jpeg

20221205_143449-01.jpeg

20221205_084939-01.jpeg

IMG_5893.jpg

20221205_110656-01.jpeg

Edited by AtSeaAlways

• 9 months later...

We have the Good Hope Estate Pass booked for January through the cruiseline, it looks very nice. We've done all the other popular excursions like Dunn's Falls, Dolphin Cove, Hilton Rose Hall, Blue Hole, Scotchies, & Horseback riding in the ocean, so this looks like we would have a good day here.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 12/11/2023 at 7:07 AM, z_cruisers said:

I am wondering if you go there on the basic pass how much is it to river tube once you're there? And how much is lunch buffet if not included? Thank you!

Not sure, but I would also like to know.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2023 at 6:07 AM, z_cruisers said:

I am wondering if you go there on the basic pass how much is it to river tube once you're there? And how much is lunch buffet if not included? Thank you!

I did not see a price list for either extra service.  There was not a buffet price posted at the bar.  I would buy the bundle to be safe.   

• 2 weeks later...

We are looking to visit Good Hope on our upcoming cruise. Our cruise line only offers limited choices. So, I was going to book directly with them, but it would require a cab ride from the Falmouth port (since Chukka won't work directly with cruise ship patrons).

Two questions, does anyone know an approximate taxi fare from the port to Good Hope? It looks like about a 6 mile ride. And those of you who have been there, did you remember seeing taxis picking up people at G.H. and bringing them back? I would hate to get there but then had to walk back to port...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...