How obstructed is room on Miracle?

lula24

Hi all! I am fairly new to the board. I will be cruising this Saturday on the Carnival Miracle. Our room is 5175 I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it is completely obstructed or partially? Thanks

From what I have read and seen on here the obstructed rooms are not really that bad. They say that the only part you have a problem seeing is straight down. I guess I'll find out this Sunday as I'm in one and sailing on the Miracle as well. Room 5234

From what I have read and seen on here the obstructed rooms are not really that bad. They say that the only part you have a problem seeing is straight down. I guess I'll find out this Sunday as I'm in one and sailing on the Miracle as well. Room 5234

No. Deck 6 and above in the extended balconies will have an obstructed view down. On deck 5 your view will be mostly obstructed.

From the picture it looks like I am in the middle of 2 life boats, but something is pictured in the middle. I have no idea what it is.

The thing in the middle is one of the arms that hold the lifeboat. That may obstruct your view a little more that the other obstructed view cabins. I had orginally booked this cabin for an upcoming cruise on the Spirit (same class ship as the Miracle) but after talking to my PVP I decided to change to #5179 because I didn't want the arm taking up part of my view.

The extended baclonies on Deck 6 look directly down into the lifeboats, so are not necessarily obstructed unless you are looking down. It appears that all of the extended balconies have this issue, even the suites!

Hmm, we booked an extended balcony - #6258 on the Miracle for May. It's a category 11 and obstructed view was never mentioned. Am I missing something?

you do not have an obstructed view-- the lifeboats sit on way below you and is located on deck 4.and 5 you will NOT be able to look streight down and see water. This obstruction is not going to bother you in any way.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/231082601/1283580891062547426IJeRZn

the lifeboat is BELOW deck 6.

Hi Serene, thanks! I just looked at your pics...I can't believe you have pics of the exact cabin we are staying in, wow! Thanks for posting. I am curious though, 6258 is supposed to have a "wet bar area, sitting area with couch and chairs and whirlpool tub in bathroom". Didn't see that, or room for that in your photos. Looks like a hotel room with a queen sized bed - period...can you elaborate on the room? Thanks!

Hi Serene, thanks! I just looked at your pics...I can't believe you have pics of the exact cabin we are staying in, wow! Thanks for posting. I am curious though, 6258 is supposed to have a "wet bar area, sitting area with couch and chairs and whirlpool tub in bathroom". Didn't see that, or room for that in your photos. Looks like a hotel room with a queen sized bed - period...can you elaborate on the room? Thanks!

Kaki- if you could have got a cabin on one of the corners-- they are your better suites.

whirlpool tub is jsut that-- a tub with jets in it.

sorry for your disilluision but yet that cabin is a giant room where the ones on the corner are broken down into sections--seperate sitting area from the sleeping area.

Your cabin does have a sofa-- its a convertible sleep that the back comes off and makes to a bed-- there is also one chair-- that is also used to sit at the vanity.

Your cabin sleeps 4 people - the corner one does not-- suggestion- take a corner cabin and one of the inside cabins across the hall. (are the other two passenger kids??

Hey there Serene, thanks for the quick reply and the pics. We have 6258 booked for my husband and I, and the inside cabin across the hall booked for my 2 little ones and my niece (the "nanny") :). My sister and her husband and 2 year old are booked in the same "almost aft" suite on the other side of the boat, same deck.

I tried to book those bigger, odd shaped aft rooms and I can't remember now what the issue was (# of people, booked, etc...) but I am going to check into it.

Glad to see there is a tub. Wasn't concerned if it was whirlpool or not, just that there was a place to bathe the kids. Last cruise, we held them in the shower with us and it was not fun!

So, the wetbar is stocked like a minibar?! That would be cool. I am all about having drinks on hand when needed :)

thanks again...I am gonna recheck with Carnival on those aft suites

Keep checking all the time too/. the aft cabins only sleep 2- so if yu had 3 or 4 in your cat 11 thats where the problem was coming in but again there is a way around that too.

if ya tell me your date I will keep an eye for you

serene56@aol.com

thanks, it's May 7th...those 2 cabins are indeed booked, but I think at least one was available at the time. I think it's cuz I tried to book 3 people in there....should have shifted the 3rd person to another booking, right?

Oh well, regardless - - the cruise is gonna be fantastic.

Thank you for the pictures pam! I was worried we would only be able to see a life boat from our balcony, as long as I can see a little I will be happy.

Your welcome. I think these cabins provide just as good of a view and you can spend the extra $$ you save on excursions or whatever.

Archived