Anything special happen for birthday while cruise?

clarku

Back from our 2/11 Constellation cruise and we had the time of our lives, loved everything about the Constellation.

I just remembered that we told our TA, Celebrity customer service, Ocean Liners staff when booked res, and had it noted on our summary that one of us was celebrating a special birthday. We had such a wonderful evening that night and didn't realize that there wasn't any special recognition of this birthday. Not really a big deal since I didn't notice until 2 weeks later, but I wonder how that fell through the cracks.

We had dinner in the Olypic and they sang quietly and there was cake which they had sent to our room with the various accoutremants(sp?) to enjoy it later. And then our waiter in the main dining room had cake for him(this was dh's bday) the next night because we weren't there the night before and they sang. We were also given a cake for our honeymoon on another night and were sung to then. Also it was someone else's anniversary at our table and guess what? they got a cake too. Good thing it was a 2week cruise.

K

So many people celebrate birthdays and anniversarys on cruises that cruise staff must have a hard time keeping track of them. We've found that the easiest way to have recognition (a special desert and singing) is to mention it to your waiter either the evening before, or that night.

Some TA's will have something waiting for you in your cabin when you arrive for your cruise (e.g. flowers or champagne).

So basically we just missed getting free cake. We ended up having the menu exceptionnel (sp?) at Ocean Liners and were completely stuffed by the end. If they had brought a cake to the table I would have had to ask for a bucket (a certain Monty Python skit comes to mind)

So basically we just missed getting free cake. We ended up having the menu exceptionnel (sp?) at Ocean Liners and were completely stuffed by the end. If they had brought a cake to the table I would have had to ask for a bucket (a certain Monty Python skit comes to mind)

My favorite skit..."A Mint Sir?"....

My Mom celebebrated her 91st birthday unboard the Constellation last November. Prior to her birthday I told our Assistant Maitre d'. Let me start by saying this was our 8th cruise on the Connie and we knew a lot of the crew. On the day of her birthday she received a bottle of wine from our cabin attendant. At dinner the dining room staff presented her with a bouquet of roses and, of course, a delicious birthday cake.

Maitre d's from both of the dining room decks as well as waiters and assistant waiters who had previously served us came to sing "Happy Birthday" to her. Needless to say it was a wonderful day and something that will never be forgotten. :)

On our first cruise and so far only cruise (It was a 4-day test cruise on Carnival) my wife celebrated her birthday. I had preordered a cake to be delivered to the dining room on her birthday. When it was presented at our table several of the waiters led by the Maitre d' sang a very special Happy Birthday to her. The Maitre d' was Italian and could have been an opera singer. As we were at a large table in the center of the dining room (they told me it was the captain's table but he couldn't dine in the there because the ship was over filled that voyage) it was really quite a show and very special. However, it started a bit of a trend. It seemed either that night or the next someone at nearly every table were celebrating either a birthday or an anniversary. It became comical.

Archived