Camp Ocean - how's it working these days?

sheriday1980

We're scheduled to sail in October with my will-be-then-4-year-old. We waited until the littlest ones could get vaccinated and until they opened up Camp Ocean for the youngest group.

Although I've sailed with Carnival several times before, I've never done it with a child and my husband and I are VERY excited to avail ourselves of the Camp Ocean services and get some quiet time to ourselves on some of the sea days.

Has anyone sailed with a Penguin lately?

Do I have to do something ahead of time?

Do I go directly to the Camp Ocean area once I arrive?

Are they doing full days? I saw some posts that they were just 9-noon and 1-4 or something like that. Will they take the kids for lunch?

Any tips or tricks? She's a social little thing and will be much happier spending some time with other kids rather than getting dragged around by us all day!

Camp Ocean hasn't done "full days" for a few years now.  They want you to come get the little tykes for meal times.  They probably do some cleaning and disinfecting while the kids are gone.  So, no, you won't get a full sea day to yourselves.  Several hours in the morning and a few more in the afternoon.  Now if they have Night Owls, you can pay extra for (basically) babysitting from about 10pm to 1am to enjoy some of the ship's nightlife.