Goff's Caye w/ MIL?

Kambird

Hi everyone! I have read a lot of reviews about Goff's Caye and I have booked an excursion through the ship (Grand Princess) for our cruise. My question is this: In trying to accomodate seven people from 77 to 6 years old, I thought this excursion would fit the bill. My biggest concern is that my 77 yr. old MIL will be able to get off the boat without too much trouble. She walks fine, if not a little slower than most, and doesn't need any assistance. She won't join us in the water, but she would probably want to go ashore onto the Caye. Did I make the right choice:confused:

Kam

Yes, if she can walk without assistance, she should be fine. Getting onto the boat for Goff's Caye is no difference than tendering from the ship. There are at least 2-3 people right there to assist everyone. We did Goff's Caye last April on the Glory. It's a nice tour in that you are picked right up at the ship. We were back in enough time for lunch and then could tender into the village area. The island is very tiny but fun. Not a lot of places to sit but there are a few picnic tables. There were chairs and umbrellas for rent. Few locals selling some grilled food and souviners. Enjoy!

Archived