Past Elation Cruisers!!!!!

lisanottina

I am sailing 7/11 on Elation out of Galveston. Would love to know the best way to get from Houston airport to Galveston. I have seen several post on this, but with the search engine down I can't seem to find them. Also, any suggestions on what to do in Progeso would be great!

If you are two people from Houston Hobby or three people from Bush, take Galveston Limousine. They have been recommended by numerous people on this site. They are not a private limousine service, but actually a shuttle service. ($50 RT Hobby or $60 RT Bush)Galveston Limo

If you are three people from Hobby, you will break-even with a taxi so I recommend taking a taxi. It is more convenient than a shuttle so I would recommend a taxi.

If you are four people from Hobby, I would definetely recommend a taxi (cost us $75 one-way split by 4 = <$20 one-way).

If you are four people from Bush, take a taxi or rent a car. Enterprise has a deal for cruisers. You can drop and rent a car in Galveston on Sunday even if the office is officially closed.

Hope it helps!

Fred

Fred,

Thanks so much for your help....sorry I did not give you more detailed info!!! We are a family of 4 traveling from Bush International so it looks like our best option is a taxi or a rental. Thanks again!

Lisa

You may also want to try calling private limousine companies in the area. Sometimes they can be the same price as a taxi. I have heard some negative comments about Extreme Elegance, so be careful with them.

Also, if your children are under the age of 10, the price is lower for the Galveston limo shuttle.

Good luck with your transportation. BTW, Houston taxis go with the meter, but on your return trip back from Galveston to Houston, the taxis have a flat rate of $110 I believe.

Carnival Elation 05/2004

Carnival Triumph 05/2003

Norway 12/95

Costa Classica 12/94

Archived