Rhapsody return flight 12:21 from Bush ?

I would figure an hour and a half drive to the airport considering it will be Sunday morning so the traffic should be light. I suppose it's not impossible if there are no delays due to customs or anything else. It would definitely be too close for comfort for me.

We made it OK with our flight at 1 we made it to Bush at about noon. We were taking a bus through RCCL, so We had the first off. Now I wish I had done the take your suitcases off first and take one of hte independent transports back to Bush. There are some services out htere that are good and others I don't trust (Galveston Limo- I don't trust bad experience at Bush pickup that never occurred- but We saw the limos there when we got off the ship- so they are there at the ship.) Our ship was pakced we were on the Christmas New years cruise so debarkcation was pretty nuts. So guess If I had to do over again I'd take my own suitcases off- you'd be off early and then get a ride with one of hte carrieres there. I'd go to the chamber of Commerace site at Galveston- I bet someone could direct you to someone that could provide a service. I know that Galveston Limo was cheaper then the RCCL bus and you're not squashed on the bus. Hope some of this helps you! Gabrielle

Please consider this in your decision making, when is your cruise and what day will you return? Sometimes there are three ships disembarking in Galveston and there will be delays.

Galveston is about 75 miles from Bush as the crow flies, if you can get off the ship and on the road by 10:30am you should make with minutes to spare.

l live 40 minutes from Galveston and can tell you from experience that I-45 traffic is unpredictable. Some days it is clear sailing and others makes you wonder what in creation is going on.

Sundays in the AM are usually a pretty light but around 11:00AM it could start to get heavy. Suggest that you don't wait to be called to dismbark, just get off the ship and go.

I know you didn't say you were renting a car in Galveston to take you to IAH (Bush), but in case someone else reading this thread is: all the major car rental agencies are located in a new, off-airport location which is itself 20 minutes away from some of the terminals (because the bus follows a circular route). Coming back to the airport, you check-in at your company's desk in the multi-level bulding, but then get on a bus that serves the whole complex--so they have no incentive to give you any special, speedy service. The facility is south of the airport, so at least you gain a few minutes there when driving up from Galveston (or Seabrook). There are now 6 terminals at Bush, spread out west to east, so that can be a major concern if you ever plan to connect at Bush in the future.The days of going to Hobby (for many years the only airport) and just jumping right on a TransTexasAirways DC-3 are loooong gone!!

Is this late enough to book a flight from Bush after debarking from the Rhapsody in Galveston? Actually, it's already booked. How much am I going to have to sweat?

Is it enough time? In a perfect world with no traffic delays provided you're not driving too terribly much over the speed limit, it'll take you about an hour and 15 minutes to get from Galveston to IAH. That leaves you what? About 3 hours to disembark plus check in at the concourse plus walk through the airport to your gate?

Is 3 hours enough time do to this? In a perfect world.... (don't know what airline you're flying but IAH is a really really large (area-wise) airport, especially if you're going to Terminal C)

We are debarking on 4/23, which is a Sunday. How do I find out how many ships will be doing the same? We are flying on Northwest Air. Do you think our best bet is to use someone like Galveston Limos? It doesn't sound like the rental car idea will work.

Thanks for all the responses!

We are debarking on 4/23, which is a Sunday. How do I find out how many ships will be doing the same? We are flying on Northwest Air. Do you think our best bet is to use someone like Galveston Limos? It doesn't sound like the rental car idea will work.

I guess you missed my sardonicism. ;) Chances are good you're gonna miss your flight, hun.

Archived