Lookin for something to do in Nassau

IGGY63

I will be in Nassau on Carnival Glory this May. We have only 5 hours. I am looking for recommendations that we can fit in, without booking an excursion through Carnival.

Can anyone offer ideas of things we should definately see?

I will be in Nassau on Carnival Glory this May. We have only 5 hours. I am looking for recommendations that we can fit in, without booking an excursion through Carnival.

Can anyone offer ideas of things we should definately see?

It's been some time since I was there on a cruise ship,but at the port if you can get a few other's try and hire a van and take a tour of the area ..it really is a neat place to see and the history is amazing..notably the hospital where all the Civil War biggies went to recoup after the war(assuming they haven't torn it down).Or you can go out to Paradise Island and wander around.Just some random thoughts...like I said it has been a while.

There were five of us so we hired a limo driven by a local. He took us to the tower, Atlantis (threw in his own tour), and drove us around the island. It was very reasonable.... around $15 ea which included our tip. ;)

There were five of us so we hired a limo driven by a local. He took us to the tower, Atlantis (threw in his own tour), and drove us around the island. It was very reasonable.... around $15 ea which included our tip. ;)

Are these easy to find? Or do we have to go to a certain location to find them?

I assume that the locals are pretty friendly, etc., so no big worries there, as long as everyone uses common sense.

The people in the Welcome center are really great in helping you find something to your liking. When we were in Nassau, our excursion cancelled at the last minute and the lovely women helped us find another day trip and she actually drove us to the dock! Now that's hospitality. We were supposed to take Sea Island Adventures trip to Rose Island. $60pp for a day trip including lunch. They met us at the bus stop to say they weren't going out that day. We alternately booked with Barefoot Sailing Cruises and had a wonderful time. IT was 89pp for an all day sail to Rose Island, snorkeling, lunch included. They do half day sails also.

When you go into the tourist bldg., you will be met by several people trying to sell you tours.

"We are the best"

If you get by them and feel adventous, rent a skooter. It's a little Vespa type. they give you a map and general directions.

They are about $45 for the day- there are several people renting and each gets cheaper - so check them out. You can tootle around and see things or stop at a beach for a quick swim.

The traffic is not bad ( relatively speaking - I grew up in NYC )

On another trip, I also took the water cab to Atlantis and went swimming at the public beach just passed it. Rented a jet ski - again they dicker on price ;) - $30 for a 1/2 hour.

Enjoy

Archived