Tanning Salon Tipping??

There are metal boxes in the rooms I go for tanning with "Tips - Thanks" written on them.

Are you suppose to tip when tanning?:rolleyes:

I say "no". The salon I have gone to is operated by the owner. I don't think they would even accept a tip.

Never seen it!

But if I did: The salon that I am going to currently, I have to clean my own bed when I am done!! I'd go in to the box and take MY tip!!! :cool:

LOL! That's how I feel at Starbucks. I have to clear away the debris and the crumbs from a spot before I can sit down and drink my coffee and I'm supposed to put a tip in the jar? No way! (sorry, OT)

I think I would find a new place to tan. I have tanned at several differnt places. From Executive Tans to the place I go to now which is Boulevard tans. I have never seen a tip jar in the rooms or evern on the counter. What exectly would you be tipping for???? Let;s see I enter the room, I disrobe, I get into the machine, I hit the button. WOW, so far it's al about ME.

I've never seen anything like this either, and I've been about 6 different tanning salons in my area.

My God, where does this tipping thing end? You're already paying for a tanning package or session. What on earth could the tip be for?

I agree with another poster: vote with your $$ and take your business elsewhere, and be sure to tell the owner/manager why you're doing so.

T

I've never seen anything like this either, and I've been to about 6 different tanning salons in my area.

My God, where does this tipping thing end? You're already paying for a tanning package or session. What on earth could the tip be for?

I agree with another poster: vote with your $$ and take your business elsewhere, and be sure to tell the owner/manager why you're doing so.

T

My Gosh! This is the craziest thing I have heard! I have been to tanning salons for years now and I have NEVER saw anything for tipping before. I mean c'mon your paying for your membership and lotion(which isnt cheap by no means)...and now they want a tip? The people there get paid just like we do. The salon I go to I have a good friend that works there and they even get free tanning and 1/2 price on lotion. That is extremly tacky. I dont even tip places like starbucks or planet smoothie either. I refuse to pay $5 for a smoothie or frappicino and then be expected to pay a tip. Call me cheap but I mean these people are getting paid. It's not like they are giving us royal treatment or anything!

Okay, don't get me going about tipping. If I go to get my oil changed, I ask how much it is. They quote a price and I pay it. They're providing a service, but do I tip them? Absolutely not! So why is it when you get a tan, or have your hair or nails done, a tip is expected? You ask what the fee is, they provide a service you pay the price and get out!

Archived