Anybody getting married on Princess ????

We were married on the Caribbean Princess this past July and had such an amazing time. Our wedding co-ordinator, the captain and staff really made our day one to remember. It was such a fairy tale. From the moment we stepped on the ship to the moment we got off everyone made us feel special. I can only hope for all of you to have the same experience I did.

We were married at sea in the chapel and had a reception afterwards. The reception was hors d' oeurves (tons of food and really good) and drinks up in Skywalker's for two hours with a DJ and then dinner in Sterlings later on. Let me tell you........Sterlings was fantastic!! Unbelievable!

We ended up cutting doing the Champagne toast and cake cutting up in Skywalker's. DH and I just went with the package cake which was big enough for the entire group.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask!! Congratulations to all of you and have fun planning!!

For those of you who were/are planning to be married on a Princess ship, did anyone go with the "Tie The Knot At Sea" package so the captain can perform the ceremony? According to the info I have there are 3 different package choices ~ "Tie The Knot At Sea" ~ "Tie The Knot Harborside" ~ or "Tie The Knot Ashore". Walt & I would like to be married by the captain so I just wondered if it's is worth the price. The info I have says $1800 and the license is additional.

TIA

So our cruise is booked for the 5th of august on the caribbean princess, today i am sending in the rsvp form and contract (which I forgot to have my fiance sign :eek:!!!) and we are taking the tie the knot at sea package for 2 o'clock.

No guests, no reception, we are reserving a table at sterlings for the two of us after, and having our cake then. Picked peach roses in a round bouquet, traditional vows, having a ship staff member walk me down the aisle, and chose a white sponge cake with lemon filling and buttercream icing.

I hope this all works out. I agree that it is very expensive for this package, but it should prove itself to be something very special, that we wouldn't be able to expirience anywhere else and that is what I am trying to give to hubby to be. Something wonderful to remember forever.

Congrats canadiancruiser2006!! Your wedding sounds wonderful.

My FI and I will be the only ones on our cruise wedding too and I was wondering how that might turn out. I like the idea of still being able to walk down the isle with a ship staff member. Good Luck and Best Wishes!

My husband & I got married 3 years ago on the Golden. We were the only ones at the wedding - told no one what we were doing ahead of time! I chose to walk down the aisle by myself. Even though we brought no one with us, it felt like the whole ship celebrated with us. When we went to pool area at the back of the ship for pictures, everyone sunning there clapped and cheered for us. We wore our wedding attire for formal night that night and everywhere we went strangers were congratulating us. And of course we had to participate in the Newlywed/Not-so-Newleywed Game that night (having been married all of what, 8 hours or so?!) The next day on our excursions people recognized us as 'the newlyweds' and offered more congratulations. We are normally very private people, which is why we chose to elope rather than have a big wedding, but I must say it was a lot of fun doing it this way! I wouldn't have changed a thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi -

We just returned from our cruise and wedding on the Island of St. Thomas. We were married on Bolongo Beach on April 11th. The staff at TWE, Princess and the coordinators on the Island were all fabulous. Everything went off without a hitch. For all of you brides that are felling anxious, my experience was nothing less than perfect. I would suggest a destination wedding such as what we did to anyone.

Please feel free to email me with any questions!

cristiknudsen@sbcglobal.net

Cristi

Hi everyone,

We're getting married on the Dawn Princess in just over two weeks. This is a repositioning voyage for one night from Vancouver, BC to Seattle. We haven't gone through TWE and instead are doing everything ourselves (well, almost!). We're both seasoned cruisers (Elite members) and have been on the Dawn many times.

In a nutshell, we have had a fairly easy time. Primarily because in my real life I do a lot of Project Management!

We have 35 guests coming on board. We wanted a small wedding and when weighing the cost of a one-night cruise vs doing something on land, the cruise idea won hands down. In addition to our guests, we're also bringing our own wedding commissioner, coordinator and photographer on board with us... all as our sailing guests. We have booked one of the AA suites for ourselves, and except for family, booked all of our guests into outside cabins. We gave them the option of upgrading if they wanted. Of those who did upgrade, they were later upgraded by Princess into AC and AA suites. All of the outside cabins were also upgraded to balconies... So, in a sense, Princess did come through - but we were not expecting anything.

We're keeping things light... ceremony on deck somewhere, cake and champagne in our suite, sailaway party, pre-dinner cocktails and dinner in the PC dining room. We've used the Princess on-board coordinator (who doesn't work on-board!) to order our cake and make dinner reservations. Everything else we've organized with the assistance of our own coordinator. Our coordinator is a close friend (out trusty TA) and has plenty of cruising experience so knows the ins and outs of how a ship runs.

We've chartered a bus to bring everyone back to Vancouver (our hometown) from Seattle on Saturday morning and later that everning we're flying out to enjoy our "Honeymoon in Vegas!"

Everything has pretty much come together without a hitch which is a great feat considering it's all been pulled together in less than 3 months... and on budget!

We only have a few last minute things to do (that are last minute for a reason!) which is good considering there are only 15 days left to go!

• 1 month later...

I will be married on The caribbean princess Feb 18th 2007. Anyone else amrried on embarkation day?? I am nervous about it now!! We really wanted to get the wedding part over with so we could enjoy the honeymoon. WE also have 53 sailing guest!! We are still stuck on what to do for a recption. Sabitini's could be an option, but we may have too many people. I am frustrated with TWE because they say they really don't need to make any plans with me till 60 days before!! This sounds way too stressful for me. Any suggestions?

My daughter is also getting married on embarkation day. Being from NJ this should work out well for us. Crown Princess, 8/25. The ship leaves from Brooklyn so we have about 70 non cruisers and 35 cruisers. My daughter left it all up to me. I was going to do the dinner, but when I talked to the wedding coordinator she informed me that if we do the dinner, it will be in a dining room, not a lounge. There would be no dance floor and no room for a band, d.j. etc. I opted for the hot and cold hoer doerves and a pasta station, fruit and cheese station. I upgraded to premium bar service. My daughter wanted a party atmosphere and felt the sit down would be too boring. The fees are by the hour with a 2 hour max. I opted for 2 hours. We're doing a DJ, beccause I can't have a band without hearing them first. We added Ice sculptures, champagne, 2 hours of pix and video. There are plenty of seats in the lounge, just not assigned. Hope this works. We still have to send them pix of flowers we want and a picture of cake we would like. I think the only downside will be the fact that we have to leave by 9am. Also remembering everything for wedding and cruise is a bit overwhelming. Once we are on the ship we should be fine. The fact that it's a new ship (she is the first wedding) and a new cruise port worries me a little too. Hope this helped.

My daughter is also getting married on embarkation day. Being from NJ this should work out well for us. Crown Princess, 8/25. The ship leaves from Brooklyn so we have about 70 non cruisers and 35 cruisers. My daughter left it all up to me. I was going to do the dinner, but when I talked to the wedding coordinator she informed me that if we do the dinner, it will be in a dining room, not a lounge. There would be no dance floor and no room for a band, d.j. etc. I opted for the hot and cold hoer doerves and a pasta station, fruit and cheese station. I upgraded to premium bar service. My daughter wanted a party atmosphere and felt the sit down would be too boring. The fees are by the hour with a 2 hour max. I opted for 2 hours. We're doing a DJ, beccause I can't have a band without hearing them first. We added Ice sculptures, champagne, 2 hours of pix and video. There are plenty of seats in the lounge, just not assigned. Hope this works. We still have to send them pix of flowers we want and a picture of cake we would like. I think the only downside will be the fact that we have to leave by 9am. Also remembering everything for wedding and cruise is a bit overwhelming. Once we are on the ship we should be fine. The fact that it's a new ship (she is the first wedding) and a new cruise port worries me a little too. Hope this helped.

Hi everyone

My fiance and I have decided to get married on a Princess Cruise :D

It'll be just the two of us,so right now my main concern is the cake and flowers.

Should I go with the cake included in the package? I want a really nice (& yummy cake)

What should I do first? Book the cruise then contact the wedding coordinator :confused: or vice versa

I have so many questions and Im so nervous. Can someone help?

You do need to book the cruise first, because they require a confirmation number before they book a wedding. Call first to make sue that date is available for a wedding, put it on hold, book the cruise, book the wedding. Unlike the cruise, the wedding has to be paid for when it is booked, in full.

MissMiranda,

We chose not to go with the flowers and cake from the package. Please see link below to "package cake" and "single tier height" pictures that are the typical wedding cakes. I was also told that the flowers on top of the package cake can be added for an additional cost. I paid extra for my cake. My cake looked exactly as I had requested, however, it was very dry. Everyone took a couple of bites and then got rid of it for the desserts at Sabatini! It didn't matter to us since we just wanted the cake for the pictures. I paid for an extra dozen of roses for my bouquet. I was very happy with it.

share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AaOW7ZyzasmLmA

Linda

Hi Vancouver. I saw the pictures from your wedding and they are beautiful. I just had a questions. Did you do the Tie the Knot Ashore package? I am getting married on the Caribbean Princess in May 2007. I would hopefully like to ask some questions. If you have a moment can you email me at michelegriego@comcast.net ? Thanks!

MrsZig2B,

I can't find anything in my files that has the name of the package I bought. We bought the standard package for at an sea wedding. We were married on deck. The pictures from the beach are from a different day but my photographer did a 2 part wedding shoot for us - one on the wedding day and then again on Princess Cays. This was not from the ship's photographer. I had bought my own professional photographer from home.

You also have mail. :)

Linda

Hello Everyone,

I am planning my wedding for the 6/8/07 sailing of the Crown Princess. I am trying to decide between having it on the ship or in St. Thomas. I think the beach pics would be so pretty, but I think it will be too hot and don't want to take up everyone's day in St Thomas. Does anyone have any pics of the chapel on the Crown? Oh, does anyone have any pics of their receptions?

Thank guys! Feel free to email me at sara_rice@hotmail.com

Sara