New Fjord cruise sold out - no way!!!!!

cunardcruiser

I was on the cunard uk website about 5 days ago when I read about the new 6 day cruise to Norway in lieu of the first 12 day med cruise, the adjustment being made to fit in with repairs. Prices were shown at all levels and were all available. I phoned the next day to book a balcony only to be told that all cabins below Grill are sold out and true enough when I checked back at the website they are now only showing grill cabins. (Interestingly, the US web site still shows availabilityon all cabins!!)

Can anyone explain this. This cruise has hardly been advertised - is in no brochures etc. I accept that some of the passengers on the 12 day cruise will accept new itinery but I would expect most to cancel so I'm very confused.

Is it easy to book through USA? - do you use same past passenger number? My brother has an address in New York if that helps.

Looking forward to you're thoughts as I'm baffled

David

If you have a past pax number associated with outside the US, you cannot book through Cunard US. The rez system will reject you. Sometimes I can slide booking or two through the system, but I cannot use any past passenger promotions.. and even then, after the booking is completed, it can still bounce back.

That being said, just went into Cunard's live reservation system, all categories except some Q suites are waitlisted. The original 12 night sailing was pretty full to start with prior to the schedule changes.

Also.. all group space through the end of June has been recalled by Cunard.

I agree- contact a TA here in the UK- we booked out trip through them- the one we used had 9 cabins available so i expect they have sold out but I am sure Cunard will have sold blocks to various other agents- good luck!

Help, Does anyone know of any UK agents that still have space? All that I have tried say Sold Out! My friends were actually rung up by their agent but all sold by the time we got back from another trip. Any help appreciated.

May thanks in anticipation!:p

That is regretable. I am a confirmed fan of QM2 and it would have been nice to have a good deal after paying lots of money in the past and for us in the Uk a southampton round trip is always good. The fjords would have been a good experience. They may just want to sell the last few for a bargain!:rolleyes:

That is regretable. I am a confirmed fan of QM2 and it would have been nice to have a good deal after paying lots of money in the past and for us in the Uk a southampton round trip is always good. The fjords would have been a good experience. They may just want to sell the last few for a bargain!:rolleyes:

LOL....what's left is all at brochure rate. No matter what rate code I pick. I had cheaper rates on the original 12night sailing!

I asked to be waitlisted for any cabin under P1 last week. They said they couldn't tell me how many others are waitlisted which I thought was odd.

Having never done this before does anyone know reaslistically what my chances are??

I could travel with a few hours notice. Actually, if I don't get offered a cabin is there any merit in turning up at the docks and hoping for a cancellation on the day??

I asked to be waitlisted for any cabin under P1 last week. They said they couldn't tell me how many others are waitlisted which I thought was odd.

Having never done this before does anyone know reaslistically what my chances are??

I could travel with a few hours notice. Actually, if I don't get offered a cabin is there any merit in turning up at the docks and hoping for a cancellation on the day??

I see 4 P2s as I write this.. well at least here in the US rez system.

Thank you but sorry, I meant any cabin under Junior suite - ie balcony or less. Big price jump from balc to P cabin.

Also, I can see the 4 P cabins you refer to on the UK site which were definitely not there before. Does this mean that there was zero wait list for them??

Success, I have got an A1 cabin today, this evening in fact for a very good price although it was not with my normal TA who would have split the commission he got and who does not charge for C/C. But aside this agent had put me on his wait list and phoned when the inventory came available so credit where credit is due!

Let me know if anyone else makes it and we can raise a glass together!

:p ;) :D :o :)

By the way messanger ref ocngypz, I must say I am intrigued. Does 5,000 plus mean you have done 5,000 cruises--you seem to know a lot about it but are you a Us or Uk citizen--or am I not supposed to ask these questions?

Success, I have got an A1 cabin today, this evening in fact for a very good price although it was not with my normal TA who would have split the commission he got and who does not charge for C/C. But aside this agent had put me on his wait list and phoned when the inventory came available so credit where credit is due!

Let me know if anyone else makes it and we can raise a glass together!

:p ;) :D :o :)

By the way messanger ref ocngypz, I must say I am intrigued. Does 5,000 plus mean you have done 5,000 cruises--you seem to know a lot about it but are you a Us or Uk citizen--or am I not supposed to ask these questions?

Oh... I've done 166 voyages... and 5000 refers to number of posts. Actually, the count is over 15,000 but cruise critic has reinvented itself several times since and cannot hold over number of posts from one version to another.

US... I've been in the travel biz 20 years... much of it as a US inbound wholesale tour operator with 90% inbound from the UK.

I grew up around the business.. dear old departed Dad was a former Purser with the US Lines. Naturally, if it floated and was US, British or Dutch flagged, we would sail it!

Congratuations on the A1, it's been a crazy day... inventory appearing and disappearing. Wheeeee............................as they say,,, catch as catch can.

Now.. to go work on my Downunder cruisetours......

Hi, it certainly comes through that you know your stuff , one last question ---to see all this inventory are you just logging on to the Cunard site like we do or as an 'agent' do you have special access to another site? All I could ever see later in the day was these 4 P grade cabins whci Cunard told my normal agent about. It was another internet agent (UK ) who came up with the A1:confused:

I have three reservation systems, Amadeus, Sabre and the proprietary Princess/Cunard system "Polar". I like Polar because it gives me splitscreens... individual rates on the left side of the screen and my groups on the right. I can also enter someone's phone number in Polar and have past passenger promos come up.

Alas and alack though..... world segments still aren't available. We still have to call into the world desk and pray we get a good rez agent. Pricing on those can be a nightmare because often times I have to use separate rate codes on each segment, and I have take the rez agent's word for it when they quote the rates. I'd rather see it in front of me.

It is the advances in technology I most appreciate from Carnival Corp's buyout of Cunard.

Archived