Does included “ Surf Wi-Fi “ work on Equinox ?

horseymike

I just returned from a 10-day Eastern Caribbean trip on the Equinox and I upgraded to the premium package for one device and had the basic package for the other.  I have never experienced better internet service on a cruise ship.  I was able to surf the internet and stream network tv from my home cable system with any buffering the entire trip.  Even from my 8th floor balcony.  My wife was able to text, email and download Kindle books without any problems with the basic plan.

This was certainly different from my experience last August on the Equinox with a lot fewer people.  I don’t know what changed but it was certainly great last week.

I was going to say the same thing that @Ipeeinthepools said.  We were on the same sailing.  I cannot speak to the Surf internet, but the Stream was quite remarkable.  There was one morning where it was incredibly slow, but it was fantastic the rest of the time.  Latency was slow, but that's to be expected, and it was hardly a problem.

The first thing I usually see a problem is with uploads, but even those went pretty well.