Veranda suite differences ?

Lonedaddy

1 hour ago, jollyjones said:

I live in a country where water is a precious resource and baths are considered an expensive waste. Even a long shower is considered profligate. 
On one SS cruise some years ago, I came back from an excursion to find that my butler had run a bath for me, had even sprinkled some sort of petals on the water. I was utterly appalled at the waste and hated just pulling the plug but I shower, not bathe. 
Then I had a rather awkward moment setting the butler straight without hurting his feelings. 

PS Those of you who know me are probably falling off their chairs laughing thinking of me and petals in the same sentence. 

That exact same thing happened to me, but I was actually pleasantly surprised, although a little uncomfortable at the same time. We were returning from a shore excursion that left me cold, damp and in need of a hot bath and perhaps a hot toddy as well. I do enjoy a hot bath, but truthfully never seem to have the time. And the weather where we live is so awfully warm that a brief cool shower is much more refreshing.

15 hours ago, Lonedaddy said:

one could apply that to many things food, private cars, private jets....... a slippery slope indeed

Absolutely, and I am definitely talking solely about myself here. I know baths are important to many.

Just my personal line in the sand, but one to watch out for on SS. On the Dawn recently my butler suggested she might run me a bath (in frustration probably because I hardly use the butler's services at all) - fortunately she asked first so I was able to explain my preferences.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2022 at 4:34 AM, Port Power said:

I don’t mind the bath/shower combo at all.  I put the plug in while showering and stomp on a shirt or two at the same time!  Saves water, too.  The bath is better than the basin for washing larger items.

You must have to do a version of The Twist to get that washing machine swirling action. All power to you!

• Haha 1

On 9/9/2022 at 9:21 AM, jollyjones said:

Absolutely, and I am definitely talking solely about myself here. I know baths are important to many.

Just my personal line in the sand, but one to watch out for on SS. On the Dawn recently my butler suggested she might run me a bath (in frustration probably because I hardly use the butler's services at all) - fortunately she asked first so I was able to explain my preferences.

On 9/8/2022 at 8:17 PM, Stumblefoot said:

😅😂🤣You are right.  I am laughing my ass off right now. BTW  I finally met a trivia player better than you.  We we were just on a Iceland to Dublin cruise.  It was an expedition which I know is not your thing.  I teamed  up with a guy named Brendan, and 2 people with dementia.  We won every round except one.  I didn't think they had trivia on expedition cruise.  He and his partner are on a Gulf of Araby cruise right now not on Silversea.

I humbly feel like the 3rd best trivialist on Silversea right now.  

On 9/8/2022 at 6:36 PM, cotto22 said:

That exact same thing happened to me, but I was actually pleasantly surprised, although a little uncomfortable at the same time. We were returning from a shore excursion that left me cold, damp and in need of a hot bath and perhaps a hot toddy as well. I do enjoy a hot bath, but truthfully never seem to have the time. And the weather where we live is so awfully warm that a brief cool shower is much more refreshing.

On 9/8/2022 at 6:36 PM, cotto22 said:

PS Those of you who know me are probably falling off their chairs laughing thinking of me and petals in the same sentence.