Mixed info from NCL re: group rates

mooshipalmdale

We have booked 8 cabins for our February cruise to Panama Canal. 4 of the group want to do the 2 for 1 airfare and 4 want to make their own arrangements using air miles. When we first starting making reservations a month ago,  NCL told me we didn’t have to decide about the air arrangements until final payment, now they are saying that all 8 cabins must be having the same package to get group rates. All 8 cabins are doing the free at sea package. They originally told us we would get OBC and one person with 5 cabins and more if 8 booked. What has other cruisers experienced with getting group rates? Thank all! 

I called to get info and I received the following:

Group is 5 or more cabins (cabins can be any category, but an inside cabin only receives 2 of the 4 free at sea - speciality dining, drink package, internet, shore excursions.

$100 OBC

Discounts are available if you book early...

400 + days = 15% off voyage fare

271 + days = 10% off voyage fare

and another one for 5% discount but I do not understand my notes....lol

I have a group booked for April and we all have balcony cabins and they were able to use the air promo, but since this is a family group cruise and we are taking advantage of the 3rd & 4th passenger at the $99 rate, this group is not eligible for the booking in advance rate. Not everyone added the air promo, so you may need to call again.  Or have the person who wants to add the air promo call and add to their cabin.  Im sure they will be allowed to do so.

hope this helps.

But I do understand the variety of information that is given.... this is frustrating!

2 hours ago, sheila77 said:

I called to get info and I received the following:

Group is 5 or more cabins (cabins can be any category, but an inside cabin only receives 2 of the 4 free at sea - speciality dining, drink package, internet, shore excursions.

$100 OBC

Discounts are available if you book early...

400 + days = 15% off voyage fare

271 + days = 10% off voyage fare

and another one for 5% discount but I do not understand my notes....lol

I have a group booked for April and we all have balcony cabins and they were able to use the air promo, but since this is a family group cruise and we are taking advantage of the 3rd & 4th passenger at the $99 rate, this group is not eligible for the booking in advance rate. Not everyone added the air promo, so you may need to call again.  Or have the person who wants to add the air promo call and add to their cabin.  Im sure they will be allowed to do so.

hope this helps.

But I do understand the variety of information that is given.... this is frustrating!

Thanks for this info. I am working on group in 2024 and I didn't realize that if you take passenger 3&4 rate you don't get the 15%  I need to check the math on that.

We have a group booking booked for June 2024 and I found the whole experience in booking it very confusing and I still have a few questions.

In our case, we were first told we qualified by our PCC.  Then we were told we did not qualify because one of the cabins had a third passenger.   I then said to add that passenger to my son's cabin as his second passenger (and that would actually save us additional money).    Then we qualified.   Then it got kicked back again that we did not qualify because our cabin category ended in a number (Club Balcony with Large Balcony).   So we had to switch to a Club Balcony room in order to obtain the group discount of 15% (which was again, my idea).    The 15% was a significant savings as it is just not on the base price.    

• Thanks 1

Similar experience as Vacation44.  Booked 7cabins but 2 were excluded as the designation of those 2 cabins ended with a #. The staterooms were all balconies on the same floor and adjacent to each other. One of which was a connecting state room and specifically booked because of this configuration. We even contacted corporate headquarters as the sale did not mention these booking exclusions.  Basically told sorry about the confusion… just change rooms.  I believe this a way to control passenger #’s as we now have 5 cabins which could hold 3 or 4 passengers occupied by 2.

• Thanks 1