What time to book departing flight fo AOS

We're probably going to book AOS for November, but I have a couple of questions about departing flights. What time are most people off the ship, and what would be a good departing flight time? Also, what is this valet service I heard for AA?

Thanks!

We had an 11:30 flight in 2004 and we were at the airport, through security and at the gate by 10am. Got off ship in the first group and grabbed a cab.

Our 2005 flight wasn't until 4:30pm and even with all the hanging around we did we were still at the airport by 11:30 but the lines were a lot longer than the previous year. But even with all the mayhem we were at the gate by 1:00ish.

I think you could catch a flight easily anytime from 11 on if you can get off the ship early, grab a cab and go right to checkin.

Most everyone was off the ship by 10:30 but you had to fight to stay that long, nothing was open, no food, etc.. They started letting people off about 9am.

The AA thing is cool, you grab your luggage when you get off the ship, go through customs and then there is an AA checkin counter at the pier. You can check your bags, check yourself in and then head to the airport and go directly to your gate or if your flight is later go grab some lunch or something. I think the AA service is $10pp.

Hoog

When we sailed the AOS, we had a early afternoon flight (I think it was 1:30). I remember my wife trying to talk me into a 10:30 flight which I was totally uncomforatble with - did not want to be stressed out about making it. Of course, we ended up at the airport at 8:45 (we were in the white tag group) and I had to listen to "I told you so" all day. I would now be comforatable with an 11:00 San Juan flight. Anything can happen on debarkation day but if you do the self-debarkation or get into an early group, odds are you can make an 11:00 flight .

Archived