New cruisers

dancermom5

My husband and I will be sailing on our very first cruise. We will be on the Millenium ship from May 26 to June 7 starting in Venice and ending in Barcelona. We would like a few hotel recommendations for pre-and post-cruise accommodations. We plan on attending the M & M party on May 26. Are there any other cruisers planning on attending the party?

I just type a whole reply to you, went to check out the hotel email site and lost everything:eek: :confused: :(

I would recc. the Hotel Jardi and a rooftop terrace room. Very quiet up there. We were there in Nov. It is not a fancy hotel but very clean and the people at the front desk spoke good english and were very very nice and helpful.

They are a 1 minute walk from La Ramble which is super. They do have one drawback especially if you are schlepping a lot of suitcases and that is there are 24 steps from the mainstreet up to the reception desk and then 6/7 more up to the elevator. The elevator will fit 1 person and 2 suitcases. I have decided all European elevators in smaller hotels are tiny.

They are building a website. I haven't even checked it out yet. I just got it from my friend.

hoteljardi-barcelona.com I think you can email them from this site also.

Their email address is hoteljardi@retemail.es

You can get breakfast for 5.50 E at least last Nov. that is what it was as I just checked my journal on that. That is just about the going price for breakfast. They will also let you leave your luggage there until you can check in or after you check out until you leave. We left ours there for around3 hours after we checked out before we took our TA back to the US and all was fine. WE didn't have locks just zip strips on our bags.

Hope this helps

It must be a sign of old age. It isn't "La Ramble"!!!!!! it is "La Rambla" While there be sure to check out the awesome open market during the week and Sat. also I think.

These fingers and mind just don't work like they use to in my younger days:)

Thank you all for the recommendations. I will be checking them out later tonight.

By the way, are you all planning on attending the M&M? We hope to meet as many cruisers as possible since this will be our first vacation without our children.

I was reading some of the messages and didn't realize that it might be too late to book on-shore tours. Any suggesgtions as to which is better--book with Celebrity or go private?

We are counting the days. We are from Canada and lately the temperature hasn't reached above freezing. Luckily, we don't have any snow to shovel.

hello,

I have been researching Venice, as we will be on a cruise that leaves from Venice in October of 2006.

A couple of comments...there is supposedly a new Courtyard by Marriott at the Marco Polo Airport. And there is a company that provides water transportation called Aliagunza (not sure about the spelling from the airport to locations in Venice. If you are on your own it seems that you should do some research on Venice well in advance of your trip.

Hope that this helps,

Fred

Dancermom 5 ~ get to the boards...scroll down to Roll Call, in the box where it says select ship, click the arrow go down to Millennium, click it. Then on the next page click any Millenium you care to. You will find a tread for your cruise and the people who will be on that cruise. At this writing there are 216 posts on that thread...have a ball!

Hi Danno,

We are from the beautiful east coast of Canada--Nova Scotia.

Do you have any suggestions about on-shore bookings? The cruise will be our first trip to Europe. We normally do the Cuba or Florida winter escape; but this year, we wanted to see all the history we have read and studied about since our school days. Of course the mind is the first to go (we are in our early 50s) so we want to see as much while we can.;)

Dancermom5

Sorry I've never been to Europe...I have a friend I sail with from Mahon Bay, NS (sp?) who has long threatened to bring me "deep fried pep" (deep fried pepperoni :eek: ) some kind of East Coast health food I guess...or something off the HAL menu :D .

Glad to have you aboard...

Archived