Does the health screening/boarding time you select matter?

Cruising out of Boston in a few weeks (Oct 2 sailing) on Voyager. We selected a 2PM health screening/boarding time. 

Are all boarding times created equal? Are there any strong arguments against boarding that late? I think the last time offered for our sailing is 3:00PM, and as of now, first available is 12:30PM. 

We have close family in the Boston area we plan to see that morning before we board (we live in CA).

We are traveling with 2 kids who are first time cruisers (we are not, but it’s been 10 years). We have 8PM late dining, so we won’t be rushing to that. 

Before we’re unable to change it, is there any reason it’s really important to board earlier? My presumption is with 7 days on board, and 2 days at sea, we will have plenty of time to enjoy the ship and the extra 90 minutes won’t matter much. 

thanks all! 

My wife and I are also on that cruise.  Besides the time onboard, the only thing you'll miss is if you want to eat lunch in a specialty restaurant - they stop seating at 1:30pm.  It's probably going to be too cool (for most people0 to enjoy the pools, so really, you'll just miss some time onboard.  The good news is that your rooms should be ready by the time you board.

11 minutes ago, rudeney said:

My wife and I are also on that cruise.  Besides the time onboard, the only thing you'll miss is if you want to eat lunch in a specialty restaurant - they stop seating at 1:30pm.  It's probably going to be too cool (for most people0 to enjoy the pools, so really, you'll just miss some time onboard.  The good news is that your rooms should be ready by the time you board.

Our roll call is SO quiet!

Thanks for the reassurance. Specialty lunch isn’t a priority for us, though my crazy kids will likely hit the flowrider and the slides! It was 110 degrees here today so that’s going to be quite a shock to them ha!

12 hours ago, Unicorniceskate said:

Our roll call is SO quiet!

Thanks for the reassurance. Specialty lunch isn’t a priority for us, though my crazy kids will likely hit the flowrider and the slides! It was 110 degrees here today so that’s going to be quite a shock to them ha!

Yep, no one ever posts there!  Looking at weather for next week in Bar Harbor, the high will be around 70.  I'll bet it will be cooler in 4 weeks - the kids might want to bring wetsuits!