Explorer-What's next?

I just experienced my first cruise on the Explorer- and I loved it!

First I would to thank all of you for your great advice.

Now here is my question. I want to start planning my next cruise and I'm not sure which ship. I like the ports of call on the Adventure, Mariner and Seranade, (all eastern caribbean)but I'm open to anything. I didn't know how different these ships are from the Explorer. Any info would be appreciated.

Congrats on your first cruise! I'm so happy you loved it. Adventure is also a Voyager class ship and is identical to Explorer in layout and was built just after Explorer. Serenade is a Radiance class ship and is a bit smaller (no promanade) but just as nice-some people like the Radiance class more than the Voyager class.

Both the Serenade and the Adventure sail from Puerto Rico on 7 night sailings and do the Southern Carib routes. Adventure has an alternative route that includes Aruba and Curacao.

If you really enjoyed the size of Explorer and the promanade, I would say book Adventure, if you want to try a different class ship, then go with the Serenade. I sailed my first Radiance class ship this year and was extremely impressed. Hope this helps!

I say go for the AOS! We sailed on her last month and had such a great time that we booked again for next year!

You will love the southern itinerary - it's already really warm in San Juan so you don't have to wait a day to feel the heat like you do when you sail out of Miami during the winter months. The Ports are great too.

We were thinking the exact same thing after our 10/05 Explorer cruise.:rolleyes: We decided to give a Radiance class ship a try and have read nothing but great things about the Serenade. I love the itinerary and am very curious about everything I've read about how special the sailing is on the sea day when the captain moves between the islands down there and near the volcano on Monserrat. Can't wait to see what my impressions of the Radiance class are. Wondering if I'll miss the promenade...but very excited about the thermal spa, Chops, Seaview Cafe and what looks like an even prettier solarium.

Have a feeling you can't go wrong no matter what you decide:D

Happy sailing!

Archived