Dover... How Big Is It?

Should I worry about location when choosing a B&B for an overnight? We want to walk around town.... If we stay closer to the Castle, are we still within walking distance of the train station?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Susana

The castle is high up on the outskirts of the town, a long walk from the port and railway station, which are close together.

It would be much easier to stay within the town boundaries. I'd suggest the seafront and ask for a sea view.

Thank you Botham, I had booked a B&B right down the hill from the Castle on Castle Road and was having second thoughts since we really want to be in town. Guess it's time to change!

Susana

• 4 weeks later...

Heavens Kindlychap! I will definitely want to be near the train station now should I need to make a quick getaway for the day.

Seriously thanks for the heartfelt reply.... unfortunately history buffs (such as my 16 year old newphew) want to go see that Castle:cool:

Susana

• 4 weeks later...

We thoroughly enjoyed touring the tunnels under Dover Castle. They were used during WWII and have an interesting history. The tour is done with sound effects and takes about an hour. Go to Fodors.com or Frommers.com and you can read all about it.

• 3 weeks later...

You will have no problem getting a cab. I'm sure your hotel will have a firm they recommend.

The castle is excellent to visit, be sure to visit some of the other areas of the castle and not just the tunnels.

Nick.

You will have no problem getting a cab. I'm sure your hotel will have a firm they recommend.

The castle is excellent to visit, be sure to visit some of the other areas of the castle and not just the tunnels.

Nick.

OK.

Thanks, Nick.

Archived