Romance on a ship?

ihhk

Hi,

I'm new here, but thought I would ask about a romantic night.

My girlfriend will be turning 21 on our Miracle cruise during Thanksgiving. We have a Category 12 (whatever that is) and are bringing the two kids with us (2 & 5).

I want her b'day night to be special and was thinking of surprising her with a candlelit dinner in our room while the kids are being entertained with the Camp Carnival. I already have the ring and am proposing. She's a good catch.

Will Carnival provide a nice dinner on the balcony (I've seen the room service menu - not the stuff romantic candlelight dinners are made of)? I wanted to do steak, lobster, the whole 9 yards of what the ladies keep talking about.

Or, will I need to go to the dinning room, get the meals to go and light my own candles while we try to eat on the bed or couch?

I was thinking about the rolling tables, all set up where they wheel the whole thing, flowers and all into the room, like you see on TV.

I suppose I could furnish the frills myself, but the meal should be special, too, not just the 'mood lighting'.

Anyone try this? Thanks.

Hi and welcome!

Hope I can answer some of your questions. 1. I think the only room service you can get is whats on the menu. Maybe talking to the mait're d might get you some special help. 2. As for the candles they are not allowed on any ship! Fire hazard! Maybe you could just take your sweetie, and a bottle of champagne up on deck after the formal night dinner and pop the question then. Good luck, hope you get the answer you want plus have a great cruise! icon_smile.gif

Thanks, kywildcat. Your nice to take the time to answer.

i didn't realize candles are not allowed, but it makes sense. with all the movement, they could probably slide around or something.

I'll talk to the Matre D when we get on board.

Has anyone else tried to arrnage something like this?

You could take her to the supper club and talk to them ahead of time, to get a private romantic spot. Make sure to get her some chocolate covered strawberries if she likes them. I got 5 huge ones for 3.00 from the shake/coffee bar on glory. I also posted some info for you about camp carnival under the thread about the newbies wanting to know what to bring. THanks!

my first cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;8;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 holiday family cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2004;11;12;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Days til Valor Vampires Cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2005;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

valorvampires.gif

That sounds like a very romantic night, especially if you take the kids to camp for the evening.

Leave those candles at home though. They are really dangerous on a ship out in the middle of the ocean. If the get bumped, blown or something it really could be disasterous. The thought makes me crindge.

Instead, get some of those canlde stick lights you put in the window at Christmas time, you can get clear, red, orange or any color imaginable. Rose petals around the room, on the bed are nice. You can Bring a couple lamps with dimmer switches(watch your bulb awattage, don't want to overload the circuit) and Don't forget the power strips and extention cord.

Sounds like she is a lucky girl, to have you planning all of this for her. Hope you two have a great time.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;12;11;17;30;00&timezone=GMT-0600

12/11 Carnival Holiday Mobile, AL to Mexico

Here's an idea, but it doesn't involve a meal. Also not sure if it would work, but it sounded cool, so I thought I'd mention it. Never hurts to ask.

Pay for her to have a full body massage. Work it out with the therapist that at a certain time you'll come in a quietly & take over (when you're getting a massage, you're almost always either on your stomach, or on your back with an eye pillow.) Finish up with a soft whisper which will definitely get her attention. She'll be shocked and probably laughing. At that point, hit the knee and propose.

Well, maybe not as romantic as the dinner, but it could be fun. We did the couples massage and afterwards, back in the room, all calm, relaxed and extremely oily...er, perhaps I should just stop right there. icon_eek.gif Let's just say I definitely felt like proposing again.

Mark ºoº

5/9/04 Pride Cruise - 1st Cruise!

Visit our Webshots Gallery

Archived