Magic entertainment staff

Lucky Jack

I went on my first Disney cruise on the Magic 2002. It was great, tried other cruise lines since then but nothing has compared. Getting ready to another cruise with Disney and wanted to know who the current cruise director is? The entertainment staff was awesome last time and I'm hoping it will be this time. Robin (Bingo man) was very funny. Does anyone know if he still works the Magic ship?

Thanks!

Hi,

Last December Rachael was the cruise director. It could be different by now. You are in for a lot of changes since 2002. When the Magic was in drydock they did some major changes to her.

By the family pool they have added a Jumbotron movie screen. They use it for movies, sporting events, cartoons and short films of the ports you will visit. It is really awesome! All the conference rooms on deck 2 were taken out and a virtual reality area for the kids was added. The buffet was remodeled. Scoops is now fruits, and wraps and the ice cream is self serve just to the side of scoops. The old ESPN club is now the Stack for the teens and the ESPN club is where the Barrel of laughs was at.

There is no tropical party, but now they have pirate party which is quite good. With fireworks and a good buffet.

Lots more but you will see it all when you get there. I dont want to spoil all the surprises that await you.

mom x4,grandma x4

I went on my first Disney cruise on the Magic 2002. It was great, tried other cruise lines since then but nothing has compared. Getting ready to another cruise with Disney and wanted to know who the current cruise director is? The entertainment staff was awesome last time and I'm hoping it will be this time. Robin (Bingo man) was very funny. Does anyone know if he still works the Magic ship?

Thanks!

We went on our first cruise on the Magic in 2002 as well. I remember Robin, who was excellent!! Unfortunately, he was no longer on the ship when we returned in 2004. The crew on these ships have contracts of 6 months to a year at a time, so it's rare for them to stay for too long.

No worries though.. the entertainment staff will still be great :) We enjoyed the staff on our '04 cruise as well.

We had Brent on the 12/3/05 Western and he was getting ready to go on leave. Rachael must have took over for him. Brent did say he was scheduled to be back for our 11/11/06 Western so we're looking forward to seeing him again!

Cruise directors, rotate, And right now I can't remember how often. It may be like 10 weeks at a time, than 4 weeks off! That's why each cruise, has it's own personality. Everyone rotates at differant intervals. When a lead chef rotates into a resturant, they bring their own favorite recipe's. Same as when the cruise ship director rotates to on board status. They also bring on their own style. Next time you cruise, I'd reccomend talking with some of the employees about their contracts. Many employees, don't get off the ship for weeks on end! I've talked to some persons who never get off the ship for six month contracts, and that is by choice. It's a different life, working on-board. It's really an interesting industry, if you care to appreciate what the people on-board actually do for you. Metrowon

Haha, I remember Robin! He was a riot! He had my side hurting during the 70s night when he dressed as a woman. I wonder what ever happened to him. There was also a very good cruise director we had on another cruise but I cant remember his name.

The staff on Disney outdoes every other cruise, every time!

Another who remembers Robin, he was excellent. I heard he went back to Australia when his contract was up.

I always ask crew about their contracts and it is interesting to learn how different the cruise lines are with the length of their contracts. Also very informative to learn how on some lines the crew keeps on coming back and on others, they can't wait to get off.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks!

Just got off the Magic yesterday and Brent is the cruise director. Very nice guy, looks almost identical to Anthony from the Wiggles! Travis is doing Bingo right now. We didn't play while on board, but heard everyone talking about how funny and entertaining he was. These were kids and adults.

The person I miss the most from when we first sailed in 2002 was Ian. He was the head of all of the parties, etc and was just an absolute blast. From what I have been told, he is no longer with Disney. :(

Ian left after the Mexico cruises and moved back to England. He was going to work for the BBC. He said he would be back as a fill in person from time to time.

Travis is a blast...he is very funny.

Brent was the cruise director on the 3-25-06 sailing.:D

Brent was our cruise director on the Magic Dec 10-17. I thought he did a great job.

As MomX4 said, we had Rachel on the 12/17 Magic -- she was great - and since she was just taking over (at least for that time around), that must be part of why she had so much energy! Wow! Of course all of the Cruise Staff had a lot of energy whenever we saw them... and a kind and friendly word or wave.

Archived