How early can we board - Explorer of the Seas??

Our ship departs Miami at 5PM, we would like to board the ship as early as possible, so that we can hang at the pool, get a bucket of Corona's and start our vacation. We were thinking of getting to the ship by 11:30, would this be too early?

The three cruises I've been on, we've gone to the pier before 11 and have been onboard by noon on all three occaisions. Three different lines, three different ports, and boarded the ship almost exactly the same time on all three.

Thanks for the input, that's what I was planning on...I'm picking up our friends at Ft. Lauderdale airport at 10:30, then we'll head straight to the pier, thanks for the help!!

Just keep in mind, there are always unforseen events. If the ship for some reason is late, then you could be sitting around alot longer waiting.

And it will probably be 1pm before your cabin will be ready. So plan on taking your carry ons with you to lunch and the pool. Don't forget to put sunscreen and your bathsuits in your carry on.

And it will probably be 1pm before your cabin will be ready. So plan on taking your carry ons with you to lunch and the pool. Don't forget to put sunscreen and your bathsuits in your carry on.

I don't agree here. This depends on which ship/line you are on. On two of my three (Royal Caribbean and Princess), our cabin was ready as soon as we boarded this ship. On Holland America, we had to wait until about 1 or 1:30.

We were just on Radiance of the Seas in January and couldn't get into our cabin until 1pm. When we toured the ship in December, there was an annoucement of the 1pm time for cabins too. I have no idea about other ships.

I just got my cruise docs in the mail Friday for my April 8th cruise on Jewel of the Seas. This is my first time on a cruise. The cruise leaves at 5 PM, and the tickets/docs say (underlined) NOT to arrive at the ship before 2 PM for boarding. Do they normally tell you that, and then let you on earlier? I'd like to avoid standing in long lines waiting to get on the ship, and also -- since this is our first cruise -- we're excited to get on board and start exploring and having a drink by the pool, etc. Just wondered what you would advise? I live near Fort Lauderdale, so it's not a big deal for me to get there at 2 PM....just would like to get there a bit early and have lunch on the ship, etc... Thanks for the input!

I just got my cruise docs in the mail Friday for my April 8th cruise on Jewel of the Seas. This is my first time on a cruise. The cruise leaves at 5 PM, and the tickets/docs say (underlined) NOT to arrive at the ship before 2 PM for boarding. Do they normally tell you that, and then let you on earlier? I'd like to avoid standing in long lines waiting to get on the ship, and also -- since this is our first cruise -- we're excited to get on board and start exploring and having a drink by the pool, etc. Just wondered what you would advise? I live near Fort Lauderdale, so it's not a big deal for me to get there at 2 PM....just would like to get there a bit early and have lunch on the ship, etc... Thanks for the input!

My first cruise documentation said the same thing, as did the Travel Agent. But we were in our cabin by 12:15pm. In fact, we even took the cruise line transportation from the airport, so they are the ones who got us there that early.

Archived