Sanctuary Cabana experiences?

pettygirl

Hi all - Looking for experiences and/or tips and suggestions for booking a day at the Sanctuary onboard. 

I understand you cannot book in advance, you must rush up there in person on embarkation day, and one person from each stateroom must go together to reserve (only if you're you're trying to book enough loungers).   But what about the cabana?

Can other adults join you in your cabana if they haven't made a booking themselves?  We are thinking just sending an emissary to reserve a cabana for the day, and everyone else in our travel group (3 staterooms) and come and go if/as they please.  From videos I've seen it looks as if there is two loungers very close right outside the covered area but it doesn't look like they are part of the cabana booking.  So, max 3-4 people in the cabana at one time possibly, and if we want the loungers, someone will have to join our emissary to book together on embarkation to battle for lounge-supremacy. 😆

Any other insights we should be aware of? I'm seeing that there is also cabanas at the Retreat Pool, too? 

Thanks! 😎

7 minutes ago, pettygirl said:

Hi all - Looking for experiences and/or tips and suggestions for booking a day at the Sanctuary onboard. 

I understand you cannot book in advance, you must rush up there in person on embarkation day, and one person from each stateroom must go together to reserve (only if you're you're trying to book enough loungers).   But what about the cabana?

Can other adults join you in your cabana if they haven't made a booking themselves?  We are thinking just sending an emissary to reserve a cabana for the day, and everyone else in our travel group (3 staterooms) and come and go if/as they please.  From videos I've seen it looks as if there is two loungers very close right outside the covered area but it doesn't look like they are part of the cabana booking.  So, max 3-4 people in the cabana at one time possibly, and if we want the loungers, someone will have to join our emissary to book together on embarkation to battle for lounge-supremacy. 😆

Any other insights we should be aware of? I'm seeing that there is also cabanas at the Retreat Pool, too? 

Thanks! 😎

Given that the seating for the cabana including loungers is about 6 or so people, I think you'd be limited to six.  I do know that if you want more loungers than the two provided, it is $40-50 per lounger for the day, depending on the sailing.

41 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

I do know that if you want more loungers than the two provided

Oh, so the cabana includes the two loungers?  The videos I've seen have a chair and a couch underneath the canopy, and what seemed like two loungers very close to the entrance to the covered cabana.  Those loungers are part of the cabana, technically?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk3vAezv-2s

As I understand it, any additional lounges needed would then need more reservations/pax from other staterooms to book.  But one passenger could book a single cabana with room for about 6? 

We're not fussed about cost-sharing across our group per se - we're just trying to understand how many people need to be actually be in line to book the Sanctuary, and if other passengers in other staterooms could join us if they wanted without being on the reservation.  Thanks!

Just now, pettygirl said:

Oh, so the cabana includes the two loungers?  The videos I've seen have a chair and a couch underneath the canopy, and what seemed like two loungers very close to the entrance to the covered cabana.  Those loungers are part of the cabana, technically?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk3vAezv-2s

As I understand it, any additional lounges needed would then need more reservations/pax from other staterooms to book.  But one passenger could book a single cabana with room for about 6? 

We're not fussed about cost-sharing across our group per se - we're just trying to understand how many people need to be actually be in line to book the Sanctuary, and if other passengers in other staterooms could join us if they wanted without being on the reservation.  Thanks!

Yes there is a thread here somewhere with pictures of the cabanas with the two loungers outside and several people have confirmed that they are included.  On the same thread someone confirmed that you have to pay for the extra loungers.  What I am not sure about is whether 1)those additional loungers can be booked by the person/stateroom booking the cabana for additional persons, and 2) if the inventory for those extra loungers is limited by the total sanctuary reservations.