excursion question

This board has been such a wonderful wealth of information to me....thanks everyone!

I have another question for all of you:

If an excursion is booked via RCCL and it's cancelled for whatever reason, do you get your money back?

If an excursion is booked privately and say the ship changes stops and you must cancel an excursion, what happens?

I guess I am just concerned about booking excursions and then they don't happen for whatever reason and flushing my money away!!

thanks....

This board has been such a wonderful wealth of information to me....thanks everyone!

I have another question for all of you:

If an excursion is booked via RCCL and it's cancelled for whatever reason, do you get your money back?

If an excursion is booked privately and say the ship changes stops and you must cancel an excursion, what happens?

I guess I am just concerned about booking excursions and then they don't happen for whatever reason and flushing my money away!!

thanks....

Our first cruise we had a port cancelled due to weather. :( We had booked our excursion on the ship and they credited our seapass for the amount of the excursion.:o

I have not tried booking excursions on my own so I can not help you there.

I booked independently for my first cruise next month, and I feel confident about them, they offer a money back guarantee if your ship does not dock at the port, due to weather or whatever other reason they won't go there. It was right on the websites that I went to (belizecruiseexcersions.com and grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com) that you will get a deposit of the refund, and you can e-mail them any questions you might have. However, if you just don't go to the excursion because you don't want to, then you wouldn't get your money back. I had to do a 20% deposit for each excursion I booked.

RCCL excursions:

- You can book them in advance online. If you want to cancel you can do so up to ten days in advance of the sailing date. The paid amount will be credited to your credit card.

- If the 10 day deadline is over you can still cancel the prebooked shore excursions once you are onboard, the paid amount will then be credited to your onboard account. Of course there is still a deadline until you can cancel without penalty. It´s usually 24 or in some cases 48 hours.

The deadline for cancellation is announced in the cruise compass.

- For excursions booked onboard the same rules apply and the amount is credited to your onboard account and the deadlines are the same.

- If RCCL has to cancel an excursion because of missed ports or other reasons they refund the paid amount to your onboard account too.

For non RCCL excursions I would say it can be very individually handled by the independent tour operator and you will have to check with each of them for their policy.

Archived