Balcony on lower decks of Prima???

uneamie

It was pointed out to me that many of the balconies on the lower decks 9, 10. and maybe 11 have limited views of the ocean when looking down. Another words...there are roof tops, lounging and pool areas that are below when looking down and some are so close to those areas that privacy is another issue. It appears to be an issue around most of the ship so if that is a concern you need to book higher decks. We booked deck 10 mid ship port side just above  LaTarazza's outdoor space  and I have no idea how much of that extends out under our balcony view. I love looking at the ocean, we are balcony people so..............if anyone knows or has pictures I'd appreciate it

Edited by uneamie

1 hour ago, uneamie said:

It was pointed out to me that many of the balconies on the lower decks 9, 10. and maybe 11 have limited views of the ocean when looking down. Another words...there are roof tops, lounging and pool areas that are below when looking down and some are so close to those areas that privacy is another issue. It appears to be an issue around most of the ship so if that is a concern you need to book higher decks. We booked deck 10 mid ship port side just above  LaTarazza's outdoor space  and I have no idea how much of that extends out under our balcony view. I love looking at the ocean, we are balcony people so..............if anyone knows or has pictures I'd appreciate it

This is not just specific decks.  The balconies on any deck will have a somewhat limited view.  It will be the most limited on 9 and get progressively less the higher you go.  The same for privacy and noise.

I too am on Deck 10 for an upcoming cruise and I'm not concerned.  My feeling is that if you are sitting on any balcony and looking out the floor is going to block more of your view than any lower deck would.  I guess if you like to stand and look down at 90 degrees you won't see the water but I find looking outward is more enjoyable.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Karaboudjan said:

This is not just specific decks.  The balconies on any deck will have a somewhat limited view.  It will be the most limited on 9 and get progressively less the higher you go.  The same for privacy and noise.

I too am on Deck 10 for an upcoming cruise and I'm not concerned.  My feeling is that if you are sitting on any balcony and looking out the floor is going to block more of your view than any lower deck would.  I guess if you like to stand and look down at 90 degrees you won't see the water but I find looking outward is more enjoyable.

Yes, you are right about it being an issue or non - issue on ALL decks. I guess I was thinking the higher up you go the less of an issue it is. And some areas protrude out more than others like the area where the infinity pools and lounges are. I think the cabin we have may not be too bad where we are. I'm just glad it's not next to those water slides. Thanks for responding.