Mobility scooter at Half Moon Cay

LIZE

Any advice, knowledge they can share about doing an excursion to Half Moon Cay. Can if take my mobility scooter? Where to go when at HMC if I can get to the island. Please share anything you have. Thanks in advance. 

*this is posted in disability form too.

There are paved walking areas and I know the very first cabana has a sidewalk to it. (The rest would be a hike through sand to access)

Getting on the tenders with my DW's walker is a PIA.

I'm not sure how they would do a scooter, but hopefully someone with firsthand experience will chime in for you.

If the person just wants to walk around and not access the beach area, it might be an OK day.

But the best part of Half Moon Cay is the gorgeous sand and water there. 

Not alot of other thing to do there.

We were told to go to guest services when we were ready to get on tender. They called on radio and someone came, took us on elevator to tender. We had a wheelchair, others had scooters. They help you on the tender, both ways. Not all the tenders have handicap access. The island has a paved walkway all around it. To the shops, the bar and lunch area. The hard part was getting from pavement to beach chair, but with sand wheelchair help from workers..we did it. Beautiful place. 

• 2 weeks later...

You can watch You tube videos of 'Traveling with a chair." They cruise all over the place and the wife is in a wheelchair/scooter. There is one called "Carnival Sunrise to Half Moon Cay on a tender in a wheelchair" that shows you the whole process, tender and all.