Booked on Galaxy March 20 2006

Hodgepodgefor90

Hey all,

My wife and I are booked on the Galaxy to Panama in part to celebrate our 30th anniversary. Have not cruised in 14 years had a bad experience with a hurricanelast time down in Mexico on the Sun Viking. I was okay but my wife was sick most of the time. Also our neighbors had parties every night and were very inconsiderate of anyone around them. I hope this is not the case on the Galaxy.

We cruised for the first time to celebrate our 15th, boy how time flies! We sailed on RCCL's Nordic Prince which as I look at ships now seems very small.

This would have been in 1991 then we went in 1992 on the Sun Viking, even smaller, so I will be interested to se how these newer ships are in comparison.

Also want to see how cruising is compared to other adventures we have taken, trips to Europe Asia, and RV rentals around the U.S mostly Pacific Northwest.

The good thing was that I booked a cheaper (cost effective) inside cabin. Low and behold we were bumped to a Deluxe Ocean View on the Panorama deck. I have always had good luck.

One thing, I am a musician and get quite edgy if I don't have a guitar or piano to play. Does anyone know if their are places to play music on board?

On the Nordic Prince I became chummy with a calypso band and they let me join in, it was a real hoot. Also, I told jokes and did Louis Armstrong impression of Hellpo Dolly at the talent show, I haven't seen mention of a talent show. Maybe it has all gone to Karaoake?

I know we will have fun because fun is where you find it!

there is a piano in the stratosphere lounge. and the panarama deck is an excellent deck. we spent our two crusies aboard galaxy on this deck. although we had an inside cabin both times we never experienced any problems with noise. one reason i am sure is that galaxy draws an older aged crowd. you will love her, enjoy your anniversary.

Archived