Zip Line w/Xtream safe with an 8yr old?

SC Girl

HI there!

I have been spending many hours reading some very helpful messages and decided to book w/ Xtream for the cave tubing/zip line combo. I am still nervous with bringing my 8 yr old on this zipline event. I have read that others have brought 6 year olds and loved it! Is it truly safe and I don't have to worry about watching him fall off the cables????

Any reassurance would be great!!!!

Also, is the river water safe? What if you swallow some as most kids seem to do?:confused:

This will be my husbands first cruise and my 6th and looking forward to getting out of the PNW and see some sun!!!

Hi, We took our very skinny 8yr. old boy with us and he loved it!! I would say, definetly do the combo and do the cave tubing as well. We did not swallow any water, the water level was very low when we went.

We went with Nacho and Cynthia and they took really good care of us and extremely ( I am not exagerating, Extremely!) good care of our boy.

Here's a link to my review, it is more detailed than this post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=289599

I'll be happy to answer any questions. Enjoy your cruise, your husband and boy will enjoy the zipline for sure :)

We are going with Nacho and Cynthia, and I have a skinny 8 year old. Nacho reassured me that there is no way that he can fall off, even if he lets go. Of course we'ee check it out once we get there, and he also said the same thing. Hope this helps.

Archived