Helicopter Pad

During the cruise are you permitted onto the area of the helicopter pad? The reason I ask is that we are going through the Panama canal and I think this would be a good location to take pics from.

Personally, on the ships that have it (Radiace and Voyager class, and I would assume the Freedom), It is my favorite spot to stand when leaving ports (And coming in to ports if not too early in the morning), it is really a quiet place, as a lot of people don't realize until near the end of the cruise they can go there.

Its also a quiet and dark spot at night if you want to be somewhere quiet and look at the stars or whatever. The only ship that closed it every night after about 8p was the Radiance, everything else you could go up there whenever.

How do you get to it from the Radiance??? We hope to sail her again next January.

If it's like the Serenade (same class ship), go out on the Promenade deck...go to the front of the ship...into a small hallway, and there is a short stairwell that takes you up there.

• 3 weeks later...
Could anybody tell me how to get to the pad on the Explorer. We will also be there a week from Sunday.:)

To get to the helipad/observation deck on the Explorer, head out of the automatic sliding doors that are right near the theatre on Deck 4. You will see a staircase heading towards the front of the ship going up to deck 5. This takes you to the helipad (called the observation deck on the deck plans).

Marinda

Archived