Loterie Farm Treetop Adventure Tour

• 4 weeks later...

We went on this a week ago today. It was fun and exciting... but a bit dangerous. It was a fairly difficult set up zip lines, rope latters, rope swings etc. It takes several hours. Both my DH and I had minor injuries from the ropes and cables. Our 16yo had a ball and had no trouble. I just went to the Dr today for an infected rope burn.

I'm going to have to disagree with PM Cruisers. I was on this excursion a week ago sailing on the Serenade. This can only be dangerous if you are not paying attention and following instructions. You are ALWAYS hooked to a safety line in case you do fall.

Yes it's a physical course and it's not all zip lines and several other obstacles throughout which are very fun. The guide compared it to "a course to get you ready for the Amazing Race". She was right.

This course is not for one out of shape or not really active, you will get injured and it will be very difficult. Average time through the course in our group was about an hour....not several hours. You wait in line in the beginning for everyone to start is all.

You will have a blast so enjoy!!

Can you tell me if there were many kids (my son is 11) doing the tour and how they did. Also what extra precautions can we take to make sure he is hooking himself properly each time? Are there spotters around the course to ensure everyones safety? I think he'll be fine - but as you can tell - Moms tend to worry. Thanks

This was a lot of fun. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. There were smaller kids (about 8 or 9) doing the course. Just have an adult in front and behind them to make sure they are always attatched to the cord. You have two connectors, and one of them always has to be attatched, so while you're moving one, the other is still attatched. Kind of hard to explain, but you will have a good time. It seems safe to me! My family had a blast

My 10 and 13 year old kids did it just fine (as did their parents). It was the highlight of their cruise. One woman in our group had to be taken down, as she could not do it. Mind you, she was afraid of heights and out of shape. You are always attached with one clip - and just like was said - have a parent in front and behind. You all will have a blast!

Archived