Odysseys Unlimited Egypt tour

Tbird Gal

Going on our first trip with Odysseys Unlimited and doing the Egypt/Nile river cruise.    Trying to figure out about evening wear on board and if it's very casual or more like smart casual.    We have travelled on several Viking river and ocean, as well as Oceania, Celebrity, etc.   Just trying not to pack clothes I won't use.     The ships are M/S Premium on the Nile and Steigenberger Omar el Khayam on Lake Nasser.     Does anyone know if it's the same evening dress as a Europe river cruise?

Many thanks!

Thanks for the forum info!   I didn't even realize there was one.   Just checked and have asked my question.   I'd be happy to let you know about the trip after we return.   There are some excellent reviews and summaries in the Odysseys forum for Egypt.    Not a bad review there!

Did you feel your other Odyssey trips were very casual evening dress?    For dinners out?    Or similar to what you'd wear to a nice restaurant in the US?

We've only done Peru and Provincial France, and both time it was nice but not dressy.  On those trips there is always a mix of meals on your own or group meals -- if they provided lunch (it was normally casual), then you may have been on your own for dinner.  Group dinners tended to be in the (very nice) hotel restaurants when we were outside of a city or town with other options.  Even in Paris, at a restaurant we may have cleaned up but it was still a casual evening.  Egypt may be different.