Need Dining Words of Wisdom

Went on my first cruise when I was 11 (I'm 29 now). My parents booked early seating because they thought late would be too late for me and my sister (9 at the time). Huge regrets. We were definitely rushing back from port on a couple of occasions--I think we still have pics of my mom at dinner with wet hair. Every cruise after that, we've had late seating (and continue to to this day). On port days, we can take our time in port and be one of the last ones back on ship. On sea days, we're able to enjoy quiet time on deck while early diners are eating and the other late ones are going to the early shows. The other big advantage we find is that dinner is less rushed. We really take our time, often spending 2-2.5 hours at our table. During early seating, you can only stick around so long before they want you out of there to get ready for 2nd seating.

Obviously, this works for us based on how we like to spend our time. Early seating works better for others. Just a little bit on our logic. By the way, we rarely eat that late at home--probably more like 6:30, but there's no snorkeling where I live either...

Archived