The Haven Spa (Epic) SOLO Stay — Tips/Advice with Concierge precruise requests

globetrotterjay

Hi Everyone!!

February ‘23 I’ll be taking my second solo cruise and staying in the Haven again!

My previous experience with the Haven was almost a year ago on the beautiful Joy. I originally booked a mini-suite and had an upgrade accepted for the Haven Penthouse Suite. I was upgraded maybe 2-3 days before departure so I was head spinning with excitement and didn’t have the opportunity to do anything Haven-special in advance. I should also add I booked original suite less than two weeks out so overall treated it as a spontaneous adventure. This upcoming Epic cruise, I would like to be more thoughtful (and hello this price tag this time is double the c19 cruise so I really want to get monies worth!!)

I received the email letting me know 130 days prior concierge will be in touch. I booked with just over 100 days to go and worry I might miss out on pre bookings again?!

🛳🛳My question for those that have Haven experience & knowledge to answer: What special pre-departure / advance requests are important to you? 🛳🛳 

Just to add: Last sailing I wrote a card thanking my butler for their service, requested to make sure he sees me every morning (because solo female traveler going missing is not a Netflix docuseries I want my name attached to LOL), and I would love having fruit and extra waters supplied, with a beginning of stay tip included of course 😉

This time around, I’d love to have Starbucks delivered to my room and request fresh florals for my room — is that too much? Also — will Haven restaurant allow my butler to deliver breakfast to my room? The spa access and gym proximity is great, but sometimes I don’t wanna eat alone in the restaurants and would love to eat on my balcony. 

Appreciate your replies!! 

— Jeni 

Your butler will deliver Starbucks, specialty dining, alcohol, milkshakes, etc. to your room...for a cost, even if you have the premium plus beverage plan. Specialty dining would be included in however many Free at Sea meals you have (if any). 

You will receive a floral arrangement on your first day. I'm not sure what the cost is to have them replenished, but I've found the arrangement stays fresh the entire cruise. Or, at least fresh enough, to continue appreciating the entire cruise. 

As for breakfast from the Haven Restaurant, or the MDR, or any other complimentary restaurant, you can have that delivered to your room at no cost. If you make the request well in advance you can even have service by course. That's a bit pretentious for me, so I just have all the food delivered at once. 

Since you are in the Haven you can still make your dining reservations. Even on a ship at 110% capacity we were able to make dining reservations online, just days ahead of the cruise. I'm not sure if this was a Haven perk or there was just availability. 

I believe, as of 1/2023, water will be provided as part of the normal beverage package (six liters). Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. The butler will bring fruit, canapes, mini sandwiches, and other snacks to your room. If you have specific requests let your butler know. They'll bring you what you want, within reason. 

Have a most wonderful time! 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, cruiseny4life said:

Your butler will deliver Starbucks, specialty dining, alcohol, milkshakes, etc. to your room...for a cost, even if you have the premium plus beverage plan. Specialty dining would be included in however many Free at Sea meals you have (if any). 

You will receive a floral arrangement on your first day. I'm not sure what the cost is to have them replenished, but I've found the arrangement stays fresh the entire cruise. Or, at least fresh enough, to continue appreciating the entire cruise. 

As for breakfast from the Haven Restaurant, or the MDR, or any other complimentary restaurant, you can have that delivered to your room at no cost. If you make the request well in advance you can even have service by course. That's a bit pretentious for me, so I just have all the food delivered at once. 

Since you are in the Haven you can still make your dining reservations. Even on a ship at 110% capacity we were able to make dining reservations online, just days ahead of the cruise. I'm not sure if this was a Haven perk or there was just availability. 

I believe, as of 1/2023, water will be provided as part of the normal beverage package (six liters). Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. The butler will bring fruit, canapes, mini sandwiches, and other snacks to your room. If you have specific requests let your butler know. They'll bring you what you want, within reason. 

Have a most wonderful time! 

Thank you so much for your response!!

• Like 1