RCCL excursions- Blue hole/Dunns vs Green Grottos/Dunns

Hey there

I know this may get sent to the ports of call board, But i was hoping for thoughts specific to RCCL's excursions. We normally will book privately. But this is our 21 year old daughter's first cruise without us and she will have her boyfriend with her- first time cruiser. I thought the ship's excursions will be easier for them to navigate on their own. Has anyone done either of these tours to give some insight? They are both very active and said they think both are cool. They are climbers so the cave would be cool. But they also like the rope swinging and diving part of blue hole. I know Dunns is hit or miss with timing and crowds as far as enjoying it. They will be there the first week in january. Any comments will be appreciated

We did both Blue Hole and Dunns River Falls back in 2016 but went with a private tour guide, Courtney Taylor Tours.  Courtney himself was our driver.  We told him where we wanted to go and he took care it of it - of course we had to pay for the admission to the attractions.  He also gave us a lot of information about Jamaica, its history, and culture, which we really liked.  He took us to a locals' favorite restaurant for some very authentic Jamaican food after we finished with DRF and still got us back to port in time for some shopping in Falmouth.  I'd highly recommend him.

As for Blue Hole & DRF, both were really cool and not overly crowded when we were there.  A lot of fun and the water was wonderful in mid-February!  With him we were able to do both, though there was a fair amount of driving time.

Thanks! We used Courtney Taylor last July in Montego Bay and loved it. I've already reached out to them. But Im concerned about her finding the driver and the distance they have to cover. Montego Bay required asking a few people and maneuvering a ton of other tours to get to the right place. I dont want her to stress out since she's a little type A and we've never docked in Falmouth with her before. As much as I hate the big groups, I think she would be more comfortable on a ship's tour the first time solo. She's been around Europe alone and managed fine. But there was no hard departure time. One of our family traditions is cheering on the last minute runners from our balcony. We may have scared her for life! LOL

RCCL has a tour that does both BH and DRF which is great