Is OBC applied to person or cabin?

karaloo

Hoping someone may know the answer to this... we have some OBC provided to us, some as shareholder award, some as OBC given to us from NCL.  When we look at the amenity invoice, it seems it is listed under one person in the cabin (the person that booked the reservation).  Does that mean that she should charge all items on her card that we want taken from OBC, or is it applied to anyone that charges items to the cabin?  We would hate to walk off the ship with leftover OBC in her name and the rest of us end up paying out of pocket.  Thanks!

It depends on how your accounts are set up.  If the you set up billing on the same CC when you did the on line check in, it will not matter which one of you used your card to do the charge as everything will be a single on board account.  If each is on an individual card it MIGHT be applied to the specific passenger.  Easy to fix though, just get a print out of the account and see how NCL handled it.  If it is set up with charges to a specific guest, simply go to guest services and have some charges transferred form account to account.  Have a great cruise!

I have never understood NCL's bookkeeping processes - including OBC. I frequently cruise with my best friend. We sign in with different credit cards, each pay half. ...on one cruise I paid for excursions which were later cancelled. Instead of returning to original payment source they gave the refund to her. To further complicate it They they proceeded to bill me for the $50 FAS excursion credit since they refunded her the full cost of the excursion. They have also sometimes given her my shareholder OBC, and sometimes split it between us. Fortunately we just keep track of who pays what and balance things between us - it is too much a challenge to go to customer service and try to get them to set things up correctly.